Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Worried over my future

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I don't know what I am feeling but suddenly I fell anxious, pessimistic, and stress up over my future. It seems that everything I am trying to do doesn't work out, I feel that I am not even able to make a right choice for future, I don't know which major I have to do, and what career I have to follow, all my friends are quite decisive about what they wan to do, they make great plans for their future, but what I feel is like I am far behind them, I am now drinking alcohol just to make me forget all those stuff, I sometimes daydream about a wonderful future, wonderful wife and wonderful children but in fact I don't even have a girl friend I am just going through one night stand, and I don't really like it. I am living really far from my family, and been living for almost 2 years and I am just 20 years old. Please help me, I know my life sounds really great in my brain, but what I want now, is the true picture of my life, real facts, right choices, what major should I chose. And you know, I am graduated from high school in Biochemistry, and actually it wasn't a really good choice, because I wasn't good neither in Biology nor Chemistry, in fact I wasn't good in all my courses: Mathematic, physics, chemistry, geometry...am I gonna have a good future???, how my life will turn out?? But I am quite good in languages, I can speak three different languages(french natively, english, and chinese), but these stupid languages don't really help me being a special person. Please Help me! I really need your help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 8th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
Im 22 and would love to be married with a family but Im all aloan and still living with my parents.

I also have no friends

and it's been more then 2 years since I even made out with a guy:(
|

replied March 10th, 2009
Experienced User
Don't Worry... Be Happy...
Bah si, le francais c'est bien, c'est la langue des romantiques d'aprés ce qu'ils disent. =).

What can I say, I don't know you, just don't worry about it, don't worry about anything.

Everything happens for a reason, and if you can't decide what to do well then get a part tim job for a year (like me) and wait until it comes into your head what you want to do.

Life is Short but also long...I know someone who had alot of degrees and what did she do in the end? she cleaned dirty men toilets.

I heard about someone else who didn't have any experience in mechanics, he sent a CV out and then he was working in formula 1.

Like the great rock band Queen sang once : Nothing really matters...and it's true. people stress out over anything. I don't have a girl but I would like to have that dream family, bla bla bla.

And I know that it will come, if I'm just outgoing funny and charasmatic. I know that she'll come into my life.
No worries dude.

I don't worry alot and I ain't high.lol.

No but just think life is life a path, you're bound to cross with another path, who and when that's all up to faith to decide.

Peace out dude, and if you want to relax, listen to some Jack Johnson, it's great relaxing, fun, cool music.

Peace.
|

replied March 12th, 2009
how old are you?
|

replied March 12th, 2009
how old are you?
|

replied March 12th, 2009
how old are you?
|

replied March 12th, 2009
opps sorry I diden't think the first post had gone
|

replied March 12th, 2009
opps sorry I diden't think the first post had gone
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2009
Experienced User
major?
mate major in life! just go get it don't be worried about the future because the future is not here yet. Jesus said something like " let not your heart be troubled" & "even the hairs of your head are numbered , even the birds & flowers do not worry so should he not care more for you then they"
Sounds like you miss the family maybe you can go spend some time with them or is that not possible?! do they have access to email?
if you want to talk with me click on the avatar next to my subject heading & send me a message if it helps to talk, im here OK
|

replied March 17th, 2009
I worry about my future becuase my life is so pathetic for my age and I have no friends and I always have a crap new years eve
|

replied May 7th, 2010
Hi ,
You should really do ,
THE LANDMARK FORUM
its a course
and if your life doesnt change... I''ll pay you a thousand dollars.
Doesnt give anything to try ...
|

replied December 5th, 2011
The Landmark Forum is just a cult of personal improvement based on a pyramid selling scheme.

The guy who started it got done for tax fraud.
|