Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Worried about Subconjunctival Hemorrhage

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
Hi, two days ago I woke up and found that I had a subconjunctival hemorrage in the top left corner of my left eye. This really freaked me out because I had never had one before. I called my grandmother, who is a nurse, and she looked at it and said it will be fine and go away. The next morning, it got bigger, which I read happens within the first day. But then I started feeling mild pain, like a dull ache and sort of like a migraine sensation. This along with the whole idea of blood in my eye gave me severe anxiety and I haven't been able to sleep because of 1. Anxiety and 2. Because when I lay down it feels even more annoying/painful. I woke up again today and it had spread/gotten even worse! It still hurts. My question is, should I be concerned? Or is my anxiety causing all this pain? It believe my eye also looks slightly swollen and it's quite painful to move my eye around. I do plan to see my eye doctor very soon if this doesn't seem any better in the morning. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply