Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

wont stop bleeding

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
ohkay heres the deal, i've been bleeding for 3 months now almost 4 and its constant period, it won't stop, ive tried birth control, ive tried provera nothing is working, im almost to the point where i want a hysterectomy, but im only 18 is that a bad idea would they even do it? its making me weak i dont know what to do my doc. suggested a d&c? but i dont know
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2009
Supporter
They probably won't even consider giving you a hysterectomy until you hit a certain age or have had at least two pregnancies.
|

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2009
Supporter
a D&C will only scrap the lining of your uterus and it will only last for a few periods dont get a hysterectomy because your too young. i feel so frustrated and i want to get it, but i m going to stick it out and see what will work for me.
how long was you on the pill and did you take it every day?
how long was you on the depo shot (you know it usually takes a year to stop your periods)
|

replied May 16th, 2011
irregular bleeding and major crampin
hello, I have had this same problem for months actually for over a yr now...i have had a d&c, laporoscopy, and a hysteroscopy, and scar tissue removed and cyst on ovaries removed trying to help the constrant bleeding and nothing is workin i am now on the beyaz pills to try to stop it, and it seems to not be working either, but my problemns r due top the fact i ahve had 4 children and i am only 28 started at age 15 having them and it is the lining of my utuerus woint stop shedding its just pretty much gone, i have to have a hysterectomy due to that fact, but if u can avoid it by all means try it, it is a hard decision since u r so young.....try ever other method first! but i am curius if my doctor was right can it just get old and worn out my utereus???
|