Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

wondering if this was cervical muscus?

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
User Profile
3 days after I got off my period I had protected sex which was June 26 and 2 days later that tuesday I had a brown discharge which hapened 2 me a lot before after I had intercourse..I was wondering if this was cervical muscus or just discharge? and my other question is what is the life span of sperm in pre cum if there was no former ejaculation?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2011
Ovulation and Ovaries Answer A24692
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The brown discharge could be due to the old blood coming out after intercourse (resulting in orgasm and uterine contractions) as you had recently had your periods. The sperms can remain alive in pre-cum for hours if there has not been urination after ejaculation and if this pre-cum comes in contact with vagina, pregnancy can result. If the prior ejaculation was more than 24 hours ago and if the person has had urination after ejaculation (before intercourse), then chances of sperms being present in pre-cum can be ruled out. Wait and watch for your periods.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.