Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Wondering about stomach/bowel issues

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
Hello there, this my first time posting to any forum and there is going to be a whole lot of TMI in this post, so be warned. Recently I've been having quite a bit of problems with my stomach and my BM's. I'm 21 years old and I have pretty severe anxiety and some issues with depression, both of which I'm not medicated for (by choice) except for taking ativan occasionally when needed. A few weeks ago I was seen at the doctor for what they though was a stomach ulcer and was prescribed omeprazole to take for 2 weeks. In doing so it took away my pain and a lot of indigestion/acid reflux problems o was having and over all my stomach has been a lot better. Recently, however, I've been having some strange issues mainly with my poo. The past few days it's been green or light brown or the combo of the 2, along with not going very often and not having a lot come out when I do go. I've had diarrhea on and off as well. My stomach is always growling and gurgling, and I find that whenever I wipe, even if I don't poo, there is a brownish yellow residue left on the toilet paper every time I wipe. A few days ago I noticed a small amount of red blood on the tp as well from my bum. Everytime I do make a BM as well, my bum burns quite a bit, it's quite uncomfortable, but usually goes away after a while. Does anyone know what this could be and what I should do to help it? I'm just sick of the frequent visits to the doc, and a lot of times I feel overlooked or disregarded because I do have anxiety, they usually just blame almost everything on that. I just want to feel and be healthy again and stop worrying about everything! Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply