Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Wisdom teeth and no insurance

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
Hey there

I used to work at Starbucks, where they offered me full benefits including medical dental and vision. I never really needed them so they never really got used, blah blah, they started taking my hours slowly away and so I lost my benefits which sucked, so I quit.

Now I have nothing for healthcare, no money either because I quit promptly after they took my benefits (without telling me, so I had a huge doctors bill hanging over my head now).

I was thinking of trying to get my job back, but even if I did there's a 3 month period where I wouldnt have any benefits, and it's kind of an emergency to get these out asap..

I live in California and i'm a 20 year old female. I live with my parents but I am not a dependant, nor am I in school. I know, I'm at a big loser point in my life right now sad

Anyways, what the problem is is that my teeth have been killing me lately more than ever before in my life, I've got my wisdom teeth growing in and they are making my mouth swell with pain, I can't even close my jaw nor can I eat anything but soup, and I can't do a thing about it.

I'm hoping I can get on medi-CAL, but every time I go down to social services it's always something about "having a kid, living with parents under 18" and I'm neither of those things... so I'm not sure if I'll be approved, and I'm not sure what else to do.

That's where the question is. If you live in CA and are knowledgeable of any kind of govt aid I can apply for I would be so happy to hear any ideas, I can't stand this pain anymore. What can I do to ease the pain as well? Does salt water help? Brushing my teeth (ow)? Anything at all?

Thanks so much if you took the time to read this, it means a lot.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 3rd, 2008
Supporter
What city are you in?
|

I'm in castro valley, in the east bay.
|

User Profile
Supporter
|

Thank you so much! I'll be calling these places in hopes for the best.
|

replied March 15th, 2012
Wisdom teeth are coming in and I have no insurance
I'm in the same situation do you know of any places in Greensboro,NC.
|