Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Will a CT scan affect fetus in first week of pregnancy.

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Will a CT scan affect fetus in first week of pregnancy.
Doctor needs to see the liver and upper abdomen for an important test as they detected something unusual in ultrasound of my liver .
They need to do CT scan for detail analysis and calrity.
But now I am not having my menses and have also got pregnancy urine test positive ,
I had been trying to be pregnant since last 7 months ! but now I am really scared if the CT scan will do any ill affect to my baby.
I have seen in the web sites it is either all effect or no effect at all ,
How far is it true and what can be the best way forward in my case, Please let know, it would be a great help and advise !!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 26th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Call the doctor ask if the CT scan is okay if you might be pregnant. There might be another test the doctor could use instead or he might feel that it is worth the risk because of what might be wrong with you.

You could also call your OBGYN and get her advice. You should see her soon anyway.
|
Did you find this post helpful?