Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Infectious Diseases Forum

Wild cat scratch

Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
Hello,

I was scratched by a wild cat in Greece during vacation at the beginning of August. I put some Vodka on my finger and went to hospital to get vaccination and some pills the next morning. However I am not sure the vaccine I got was for rabies or tetanus, since there is only one injection while in our country there are usually several injection of rabies vaccine...Anyway, now it has been 1 month already, and I feel not so secure...maybe I need further vaccine? Or is there some test to see whether I have antibody or not? I am a foreigner in France and I heard there is almost no such vaccine here since the country is rabies free...I just don't know what I could do now...

Thank you very much~
Did you find this post helpful?
|