Medical Questions > Relationships > Family Relationships Forum

Wife Problems

Married 25 years, wife has accused me of cheating/sleazing with
all three of her sisters,my sister, Her mother,he coworkers, my coworkers, neighbors. She grew up with an alcoholic father and a mother who would rather work during the day come home and then leave to spend the night with her boyfriend. I truly feel that she only sees relationships as being normal if they are abnormal (subconsciously). I also think this is a controlling issue due to being unsecure. Husband talking and getting along with a coworker, I make his life hell and wake him up at 6:30 am and late at night and accuse him of liking/emailing coworker. I went to her work once to help her out and met a coworker of hers once and then she accused me of liking her and trying to contact her because the coworker would ask questions about me! I think she would actually tell this woman things about me (work wise etc) and then when the woman would recount this info, she would get pissed and come home and ask me how she new this info about me! We tried counseling the first was with a man counselor and he gave me a wink wink, men shouldn't tell their wife's certain things, so of course that did not go over well, the second counselor was a woman and we went in there like we were talking to mommy, each of us yelling and trying to get our point across. The counselor just sat there and did not help much. So here i am posting on some forum.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 14th, 2012
Well, I think your wife needs professional help and that means just her. She needs to see a psychologist or psychiatrist alone and talk about HER OWN issues. She needs to heal herself before you guys can heal your relationship. If what you are saying is true and you are really not cheating on her then follow my advice. She definitely needs help and I'm sure you'll be there to support her. However, the hard part would be to convince her of getting help since she needs to be the one to decide this on her own. She needs to realize she has a problem and try to seek help. If she is not willing to find some help, then I'm sorry but you need to leave that relationship as soon as you can because even if you love her, this is not healthy for you or for her. Also, the problem can escalate and things could turn violent or even more toxic.
|

replied July 14th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
You have my sympathy - your wife sounds just like my mother did during the menopause...

Like all human conditions, some people breeze through the menopause and a few suffer a sort of temporary insanity...

My mother made my father's life an absolute hell for many months as she accused him of bedding the canteen staff at his work and would be watching in case he left the premises so she could give him the third degree about where he had been and who he saw. She even believed he was signalling with our bathroom light to a young girl across the road...
He was almost forced to leave her.

In those days of old-fashioned doctors I heard a radio news report about new-fangled hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and suggested my dad took mother along to the doctor but the doctor hadn't heard the broadcast and knew nothing about the treatment...

They had some epic battles and many items in the house ended up broken but eventually she returned to her normal, gentle and loving self. Strangely, my eldest daughter went through a similar sort of madness during puberty...

I don't think your wife needs to see a psychiatrist but does need the services of a sympathetic General Practitioner!

I hope this helps you...
|

replied July 29th, 2012
Experienced User
may be the condition of ur wife is due to the abnormal past she had been through. as a loving and caring husband, its ur responsibility to tolerate her ill-behaviour and treat her even good so that she starts to love u and mends her behaviour and attitude towards ya. at times one has to control his anger and feelings despite of the fact that the other person is wrong. because u enjoy a certain close relation with her.
|