Medical Questions > Relationships > Relationships and Marriage Forum

Wife just told me of small penis (Page 1)

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
i need some advice, fast! My wife, who i have been with for the past six years has just told me of her opinion of my penis, she has told me that it is too small. she has also said that we can work through this, but it is hard for me to comprehend ever feeling good about myself sexually around her. (BIG PROBLEM). does any one have any advice for me, how can i work through this? I don't want to leave this marriage, but i can not think having the rest of my life with this looming over me. how does one come back from such a knock down?

G
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper lttl4indk
|

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
That is extremely rude of her to say that. If she is shallow enough to care about the size of your penis, maybe she is not the girl for you. Size should not matter; it's how you are able to use it that matters. I actually prefer ones on the smaller side because larger ones hurt. I would talk to her about how you feel about her saying that to you. See if you can work through it with her, but if she keeps on knocking you down like that I would re-evaluate if you want to be with her. I am sorry to hear that she said that to you. Good luck!
|

replied March 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
That really must hurt. I wish I could tell you that this is something you are going to be able to just lay by the road and leave it there. This will probably impact your sex life for awhile. The remidy? I really do not know what to tell you. That was a statement that is almost as bad as a woman being raped and trying to have a decent relationship afterward. The road ahead could be a little rocky for both of you. If you really love each other, it will work itself out. I will say this much, I know what is on your mind. You are now afraid that she is going to start cheating on you. Am I right?

*Carrie
|

replied March 30th, 2008
Ladies, if you plan on keeping your man and you really care about him then never, ever complain or joke about his penis being small. It will destroy his confidence in bed and will cause him concern that you may look elsewhere to get what he can‘t give you. Additionally, we don’t want to hear how you previous lover was too big.
Men, same goes for us. I have heard men opening complain about their woman being loose and it is as painful to them as the penis joke is to us.

Bottom line, respect each other and never do or say anything to degrade your significant other…especially in front of others.
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2008
Community Volunteer
I'm wondering if she meant literally or figuratively...just a thought.

Anyway, size doesn't matter. If people didn't talk about it so much and overrate it so much, and compare each other... it would be a lot easier on humanity.

I will tell you right now that that is part of the problem in the world here: if men would be faithful to one person (and women too for that matter), and be a little more modest, and stop making their endowments objects of attention, women wouldn't even know the difference because the one they get is the only one they should see. It not something guys need to compare and talk about and they need to cover it up: they aren't called privates for nothing.

Don't let your wife bring you down. It's funny, because I was just reading about this the other day, a very good article really, that you can even show your wife....something I never read about but happened to run across when I was looking up skin cancer of all things. This still doesn't relieve your wife of the insult she gave you, but have a look, and cheer up Smile

http://www.webmd.com/content/Article/42/16 85_53202.htm?pagenumber=1
|

replied April 2nd, 2008
dont take tension
its very common thing there is lots of person in this world who is phasing same problem like you.So i will suggest you go for operation or therapy then u will be fine.
|

replied May 7th, 2008
I understand exactly what you are going through GWest,because my husband used to drink quite heavily in his younger years,and I remember on time in particular,I have always been on the heavier size (about a sz.1Cool and I remember my husband being really drunk and telling me how fat I was and how having sex with me discusted him and made him want to puke because looking at my naked body made him sick.It took me A LONG time to get over that!! I refused to have sex with him,and if I did give in it was never with the lights on and I always had a cover up to my chin!! My husband has since quit drinking( it's been about 4 yrs.) and he has apologized profusely,and I tell him, I do forgive him but it is something that is always going to be there it's something that I can't forget.And he understands this, and I know that he is a COMPLETELY different person now that he doesn't drink and he is a wonderful husband now and a wonderful father. I still don't like sex without covers,and the lights still have to be out,because I think that my self confidence was forever ruined with that comment. I can't say that yours won't be either,but all I'm saying is this,talk to your wife and let her know how badly this comment hurt you,she may not even know that it bothered you.After all guys are supposed to be tough right, they're not supposed to have or express any feelings right? WRONG!! You just need to let her know that you do have feelings and ask her how she would like it if the shoe were on the other foot and you made comments about something that would ruin her self confidence or self image.Her comment was just rude,just like my husbands comment,if she HONESTLY feels bad for what she has said then I think you should try to forgive her as much as you can and move on with your marriage. Like I said since my husband has stopped drinking and sincerely apologized for his comment,we have had the best 5 years of our marriage and they are only getting better!! Let me know how things go for you,I only wish you two the best!!
|

replied May 8th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You know, maybe you could not look at it so negatively, as hard as that may be. I know it sounds so rude and hurtful but maybe it really does bother her and she wants to fix it. I think this is much better than her cheating, yes? Therer *are* things you could do to fix it if it is a big problem.

And I don't care what anyone says, size does matter. I've been with a small guy before and it did nothing for me no matter *how* he used it. I'm sure you and your wife can work around this.
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Willa Weintraub wrote:
You know, maybe you could not look at it so negatively, as hard as that may be. I know it sounds so rude and hurtful but maybe it really does bother her and she wants to fix it. I think this is much better than her cheating, yes? Therer *are* things you could do to fix it if it is a big problem.

And I don't care what anyone says, size does matter. I've been with a small guy before and it did nothing for me no matter *how* he used it. I'm sure you and your wife can work around this.

Willa size might matter to you but it doesn't to everyone. I have been with both too and little was just as good. It depends on the way it is used.. Then again a women telling a man he is to small and size matters, might want to think about the fact that they are to large for the size of the penis! Smile
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Wife just told me of small penis
GWest wrote:
i need some advice, fast! My wife, who i have been with for the past six years has just told me of her opinion of my penis, she has told me that it is too small. she has also said that we can work through this, but it is hard for me to comprehend ever feeling good about myself sexually around her. (BIG PROBLEM). does any one have any advice for me, how can i work through this? I don't want to leave this marriage, but i can not think having the rest of my life with this looming over me. how does one come back from such a knock down?

G

Maybe you are not to small, she is just to big! Confused
|

replied May 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
meblonde01 wrote:
Willa Weintraub wrote:

Willa size might matter to you but it doesn't to everyone. I have been with both too and little was just as good. It depends on the way it is used.. Then again a women telling a man he is to small and size matters, might want to think about the fact that they are to large for the size of the penis! Smile
meblonde, It does matter to some women. My vagina is not too large. I know this because i've never had a problem until him. The problem being his penis was small. It didn't even matter how he moved, it still did nothing.
|

replied January 21st, 2009
talking to ex boyfriend
help husband said that he did not mind if I as wife talked to ex boyfriend as a friend. then one night he(husband) deceids to ask me who was the the better lover. dummy me answers the question in the first place. I did not give him the answer he wanted to hear. now he says i busted his ego. help!

one dumb blonde
|

replied January 23rd, 2009
Experienced User
WIfe: Your penius is too small.
Husband: Oh, that is not what your sister and your mother told me. They thought it was just right. Also, my mistress likes it just fine.

OR

Husband: It is not too small. You are not as snugg fitting as you used to be. You are more like and old worn out sock. But we can work through it.
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2009
Experienced User
Terrible advice "makoto". Do not ever tell a woman that especially if it isnt true...because you will NEVER hear the end of it until the day you die. Because all women do...is think of the impossible...and your woman will find a way to make that little stupid statement true. Trust me..been there done that.

What you need to do is tell your wife that what she said really hurt! Just be honest. My number one advice to everyone always is to always be honest. Yea sometimes the truth hurts...but hey id rather hear the truth than get fed with a lie and find out later, which it will hurt even more.

One thing you can do is advance your sex life. Go get sex novelties and toys and enhance it in any way. Just make it fun...its usually what its all about.

Another thing i might suggest is...make her go a little while without sex. Make her wait and realize what a great thing she still has. Good luck and im sorry your ego was brought down like that so terrible!

If it helps any...i think your super cool Smile
|

replied February 11th, 2009
Honesty
Bottom line is size does matter although it is more width than length. Dont be fooled though women that say it doesnt matter are the ones cheating behind your back. An honest woman will tell you the truth. There are ways to improve size so you can look into that. And lastly there is so much info out there that men know if their penis is average or not so if you ask your wife/girlfriend a question about it and get an answer that is off then you can bet she is being satisfied by someone else.
|

replied March 16th, 2009
I hear you. My wife has never complained about my size but she has shared stories about previous relationships and admitted that it felt so much better with a guy that was well endowed. She says the sensation is just so much better with a larger penis and that it's also a bigger turn on to look at a very large one than a small one. I guess i can't really blame her. Realize my wife and yours aren't saying they don't love us or that they are complaining. They're just being honest.

My wife likes 'em big. She can't help it. She just does. I've learned to be okay with it.
|

replied March 18th, 2009
The Penis Advantage
I can feel your pain my brother. But neither can you blame the woman, she probably wants what you do not have and the only way to have her back or prevent that from happening again is to get what women want. Every woman wants a perfect penis and you must have that at least to be able to keep them.

|

User Profile
replied April 6th, 2009
My Husband's small too...
We have been married for 10 years and have only had sex with each other. Our sex life had gotten pretty dry. In the beginning it was ok but now, intercourse just doesn't do anything for me. He said that he has a small penis but I had nothing to compare it to. Erect it's about 4 inches long and only like an 1 inch wide. Plus he gets off way too quick.

The thing about it is, is he doesn't do anything with it. Since the beginning I have always been on top since I can feel him better and that was the only way I could get off. Sometimes he would be on top for a little bit the would switch. Since I learned how to masturbate, I can get off within like 2 minutes and even have multiples, so I know I'm not broken. After trying different toys I know that at least 8 long and 2.5 wide feels amazing.

The last time I got off from him was probably years ago and he doesn't do any foreplay to get me satisfied and he wonders why I don't want to have sex that much. (Maybe once a month.) I have talked to him about it, but it just turnes in to a fight. Wanted him to try some extendors or something...

I am getting so frustrated since our marriage is oveously rocky. We are both on the large size. I also have PCOS so my hormones are all out of wack and I haven't had a period in over a year. We haven't been on birth control for over 5 years and he really wants a baby and blames the lack of sex. But I think all the sex in the world isn't going to do any good if I am not ovulating.

Is there any help???
|

replied April 7th, 2009
Penis size
Penis size can be the most important thing in the world to a man, but only because of what the female thinks. I have never known a man who cared about penis size for himself; he only pees with it a few times per day. Any comment about penis size to an average or less than average guy is nucleat in power and will always be taken as negative.

Penis size is unique. Unlike most all other problems, there is nothing that can be done to increase penis size. If you are too fat, lose weight. If you want different eye color get contacts. If your vagina is too loose, minor surgery will fix it. Boobs too small? A few thousand dollars will fix it.

But, if a man's penis is small he is the world's biggest loser and nothing but a punchline. However, if the female is happy with the man's penis, all is pretty much okay. If the female is perceived as the least bit unhappy with his penis size, the relationship is over.

And why not? If she is unhappy there is no question that he is therefore miserable because of it. He doesn't blame her, she didn't do anything wrong -- but neither did he. So, why be miserable. She will be happier with a larger guy and he will be happier with a girl whom he can satisfy.

I don't know what working through it means. Forcing a guy to watch you use large sex toys is excruciating and humiliating. Add to that, he will forever assume the girl is cheating on him. The only way to work through it, is to accept things the way they are and get out while you are both still young.

Saying, "Oh our relationship is okay except for his little penis," is like Mrs. Lincoln saying, "Oh the play was fine except for that."
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2009
Supporter
ive been with my boyfriend for two years now and the first time i had sex with him....i didn't feel anything. and for some reason he fits snug like a bug. i don't know if it has anything to do with my body adjusting to him, i walk a lot, or i do those kegel exercises squeezing my vagina muscles as if im holding my pee. this is the second experience over time i had where i or the guy felt nothing then over time, they became snug inside me.
my current boyfreind is a 100% freak and he is good at foreplay, oral, and everything else so our sex life is really exciting.
make sure your doing everything that your wife loves and become a pro. i m sure she has her short comings. but since your married try to work with her.
p.s my boyfriend is probably the smallest but he is the best lover ive ever had in my life. i gave his thing a pet name and i tell it i love it.
|
Quick Reply