Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Wierd Itchy Bumps / Markings

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
I attended a outdoor party two weeks ago at a friends garden. There was a fire going and I sampled fresh lettuce he was growing. The next day I noticed these bumps on my torso. They are close to my last rib on the left side of my body. At first I thought they were just bug bites and would go away. But they have not changed much in two weeks and I'm starting to wonder.

I take zyrtec almost everyday for allergies. I've taken benadryl on a few nights because of the itching. I've also used hydrocortisone cream on them most days although the bumps/marketings have not changed. When I itch them they get irritated with redness around them.

Any idea on what it could be, what I should do?

Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper justjf
|

replied June 26th, 2009
Hives
Don't even waste your time driving yourself crazy as I'm going through something similar. I suggest go to a dr. and get referral for derma asap. It could be poison ivy-is it spreading yet?
|

replied May 30th, 2011
DID YOU ever find out what your issue was? I ended up having what I was told "hives" from a pharmacist b/c on 1side of my body, but my doc told me "bed bug bites!" He had a mutual patient of whom I knew and spent time at his house. He asked had I been at his house lately?tht was his way of telling me where i got them, I saw red i was so upset tht he KNEW he had them and invited me over anyway for dinner. I did not bring them home, but it is an epidemic and has nothing to do w/hygeine or how clean ur house is. I hope this helps and hope that wasn't ur issue. How are you?
|
Quick Reply