Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

Why shouldn't I cut?

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
Cutting. I can't keep myself from thinking about it. Emotions race through me. I feel so alone. Who can I talk to? Who actually cares? Nobody. I want to feel pain. It feels so much better than loneliness. It's so much better than feeling nothing at all. I can deal with physical pain. My body will heal me. But emotional pain is different. There is no cure. So I keep trying. Everyday is the same. I look at my phone- no texts. Nobody is concerned. Perfect. I know how to make myself feel better. My body can heal me. So why not? Why shouldn't I cut? It makes me feel better so what is the issue? I don't want help. I just want understanding.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile spongebob23
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2012
Experienced User
Hey I can Relate to you I don't have many friends so I cut but after a while you don't want that negative attention hanging over you .you want someone to care help and support you but we block those people out if you look you find those who care I believe that if you ever want to talk message me anytime

Take care
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2012
to put it simply, you shouldn't cut because it's a very unhealthy routine. it leads to many bad things in the long run and sure it brings satisfaction, though negative, that instant.

i know how it feels to be alone, it's tough and painful but i believe you can get through it.

care for yourself, let others worry for their own sake. you're an awesome person because you exist, you prevailed many challenges that molded you into the person you are today. get yourself out there. bring that amazing personality of yours and share with the world.
|

replied July 19th, 2012
I've been self harming for 3 years now. I think cutting one one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made. I think the worst things about it are that it starts out as one cut, but you want it more, and more. One cut can easily turn into ten or twenty. When you cut, your body releases endorphin and you can get addicted to cutting. Addicted to the pain. It's almost impossible to stop once you start. Plus, you have the worry of making sure the razor or whatever you're using is clean. If not, it can get infected. I've done many things out of a need to cut. I've been stealing razors from my stepdad for a few months now, and so afraid of him noticing and beating me.. >-< Long story short, I would not recommend cutting. Yes, it helps for the moment as a distraction, but the cuts will get deeper, more serious, and you feel less pain. Plus, it sucks when your parents find out..
|