Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

why my vagina smells bad?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
i am worried for the bad smell i have in my vagina i just discovered this 4 months ago...it smell fishy I'd never had this smell before my boyfriend keep on asking me why it smell bad.He think i had sex with other guy but it's not...even i, i was confused for this matter,please help me....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 6th, 2011
HEY, when I first met my husband, I got pregnant right away. But before that for about a month I was having this really weird discharge kind of like I was leaking urine from my vagina instead of the urethra. I was worried, but too chicken to go to a doctor. It wasn't until after I was prego that i noticed the smell. My then boyfriend (husband now) avoided sex with me and I felt really hurt because I thought the smell was due to pregnancy. Anyway, even my obgyn never commented on it so I thought it was a normal thing. Then when I was 7 months pregnant I went into labor. Luckily they were able to stop it, but thats when she finally tested me and it came back as BV or bacterial vaginosis. She prescribed this medication that I inserted vaginally. FOr 7 days, this wet paper like substance came out of me. It turned out to be the dead bacteria. The infection was really bad. I had several partners before I met my husband and when I thought back, on the last like two, there were little comments or actions that happened that now made sense. They were just assholes about it. IF they had been mature, I could have sought treatment way earlier. Your boyfriend is doing you a huge favor by being honest. My husband wouldn't even tell me until years later that the smell was bad and thats why he would avoid sex. The point is, my daughter is autistic. I will never know if letting the infection get that bad had something to do with it or not. Go to doctor. You are the best advocate for your own health. I had to learn the hard way.
|

replied November 6th, 2011
Its kinda common for us women to have this. If it helps like it did for me, check for it on you-tube for : Revirgin Stick Natural Organic- 100% Organic . Hopefully it will help you clear that problem.
|

replied November 7th, 2011
i agree with cj1981... the other possibility is that you have a Group B Strep infection. Ask the doc to test you for BV, Strep B and D... They will likely prescribe antibiotics but for Strep B this will not help because it will be a recurring problem. I have this... and what has helped is a douche made from hydrogen peroxide and distilled water. If you need the info google hydrogen peroxide and GBS. Hope this helps!
|

replied November 14th, 2011
Bacterial Vaginosis
Its due to bacterial vaginosis.Is a kind of vaginal infection caused due to imbalance of harmful and good bacterias.
|