Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Why is my husband having frequent wet dreams?

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Let me provide some detail: we are a young couple, he's only 20. This has only started the past year, he said before that, he has probably only had two wet dreams ever, in adolescence. Suddenly though it's become an annoying and unexplainable problem, they occur every few weeks or months, sometimes several nights in a row. I want to point out, because I don't know if it makes a difference, that these are never full ejaculations that he waked up to, just lots of "pre-***" (sorry to be so frank, I don't know the medical terminology for it!). Lastly, he swears that he either never remembers what he dreamed about, or that sometimes his dreams are even anti-sexual. For example it happened this morning, and he says he remembers dreaming about a video game. So apparently these wet dreams can NOT have to do directly with sexual stimulation? Someone who has experience or knows the scientific reasoning behind this, please explain, because it's so hard to find this info everywhere, and he's too embarrassed to go to the doctor yet. Some of the questions I'd like to find answers to are: is this a sign of sexual disorder? What is going on to cause these to happen frequently? And ARE the dreams sexually based or not? (in other words, is he probably not being honest about his dreams being sexual?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 16th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Sarahhh

It sounds like you have a very normal husband.
Everything you described, every man will relate to.
It just happens and I don't think we will every know the reason.
You have a fully functioning husband so enjoy.
|

replied May 9th, 2011
married and having wet dreams/wetting the bed
my husband is 25 and is doing the same thing. He told me that he thinks it happens when we go to long between sex. But we had sex one night and he had a wet dream the next night, and the next night we had sex then the night after that he woke up the next morning and told me he had peed in his underware... but the bed wasn't wet. I know he is embarrassed, and I feel sorry for him. I am concerned, is there something wrong with him. He has had several wet dreams in the past couple of years as well as wetting the bed a few times. I want to help him, but I don't know how.
|