Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Why is my heart rate affected by chest pain?

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
I am a 27 year old female and i have been dealing with chest pain for over 6 months now. I mention that I have seen a cardiologist who ran a lot of tests and he told me that everything is ok with my heart. I had a CT and everything looked good. I thought it may be acid reflux and i had an endoscopy and my stomach is fine. Despite all that I am still worried that something is wrong. The symptoms are somewhat different meaning that the pain I have is not all the time in the same spot. Sometimes it feels like pressure, or sharp shooting pain. I also developed the bad habit of taking my pulse every time I feel any sort of pain and it changes the rhythm of my heart when that happens. My resting pulse has been between 47 and 60 so every time I take it I feel like my heart it is going to stop. Please let me know if there is something I should do about it. I am tired of worrying so much about it.
Thank you for reading my post
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 10th, 2012
Welcome to e health forum.

Keeping in mind that recent tests including a CT and endoscopy have been normal, it is possible that your symptoms could be due to functional disorders.

Mental or emotional factors in many cases can produce physical symptoms - like headache, chest and back pains, tiredness, dizziness, bloating, etc.

Some conditions producing such symptoms include - chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, etc.

Other medical conditions which can present generalized body pain - include - musculoskeletal disorders like costochondritis or musculoskeletal inflammatory conditions.

You might consult with your doctor who can rule out such conditions and provide proper help and advice.
|

replied March 10th, 2012
I went to see a doctor yesterday and I was told that the low heart rate has nothing to do with my chest pain. The way I described it to him came out like it is not from my stomach either. I do have bradycardia but he was not too concerned with it. He said that some people have chest pain that is not from the heart and it is also not harmful. It may be a muscle that is reacting and he explained that the heart may change rhythm because of signals transmitted to the brain and than to the heart. They put another hotter to check again and I have to run some blood tests including a thyroid check. I am more relaxed now knowing that heart is ok.
Thank you for your comment.
|

replied March 10th, 2012
I went to see a doctor yesterday and I was told that the low heart rate has nothing to do with my chest pain. The way I described it to him came out like it is not from my stomach either. I do have bradycardia but he was not too concerned with it. He said that some people have chest pain that is not from the heart and it is also not harmful. It may be a muscle that is reacting and he explained that the heart may change rhythm because of signals transmitted to the brain and than to the heart. They put another hotter to check again and I have to run some blood tests including a thyroid check. I am more relaxed now knowing that heart is ok.
Thank you for your comment.
|

replied March 23rd, 2012
How did your thyroid check and blood tests come out? Keep me updated for I'm having the same symptoms. I am a 20 yr old male. would like a response as soon as possible please. Thinking about going to the er tommorrow if my chest pains dont get better.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.