Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Why is my discharge pink?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I'm 17 years old and today i noticed that my discharge is pink. I've only had sex like 2 or 3 times and that was over a year ago. I tried asking my mom about it but she paid me no attention about it and said I'll be fine, but I know its not suppose to be pink though. I just got off my period a few days ago. What do I do? Please help and thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 2nd, 2011
Community Volunteer
It means you have some light spotting. It might just be some left over blood. It can also happen after masturbation, or because of a hormonal disturbance or infection. Most of the time, it is just because. There is no specific reason. That is why your mom did not bother with it. If it happens every cycle, or are very heavy, or does not stop, or you think you have an infection, you should see your doctor.
|
Did you find this post helpful?