Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Asthma Forum

Why is my asthma acting up?

Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....
i have had asthma sense i was little. i am 14 years old and just started high school basketball a month ago. during practice and games it is hard to breathe and it affects how much i can run. just the other day i was sick with a cough and i went to practice, it was hard to breathe, my chest hurt, and i felt nauseous. and whenever i have to take a deep breath i have to lean over, put my hands on my legs and push up to get a full breath, but sometimes i can only feel the air going into my right lung. and after i run a lot, i will breath quickly and heavily. when i do that, i feel something in the back of my throat vibrate, making it even harder to breath. and ever sense practice started my asthma has been affecting my when i am just sitting around at home. (i am taking 2 puffs of flovent twice a day and i use my inhaler when needed but it isn't helping) why is this happening?
Did you find this post helpful?
|