Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Why does the back of my head feel numb and cold?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hi all, for about two months now I have been getting a weird feeling in the back of my head. It happens when I'm relaxing in bed or on the couch. The back of my head will go numb like and it feels like there is cold water inside of it! It takes ages to wear off and is worrying me. It's kind of like when you slept on your hand except it feels really cold inside. Now I have fibromyalgia but initially my doctor suspected m.s though they did dozens of blood tests and said it wasn't that. Eventually they sent me to a pain doctor who did the tender point test and he said it was fibro. I get the same feeling in my hands, tops of arms and feet. If I cross my ankles or put my legs over the end of the couch my feet and ankles go numb and cold or hot. Does anyone know if this is normal with fibro because the support group I am a member of (400+ members) nobody gets it but me! Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|