Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Why does my vagina smell very BAD? (Page 1)

Hello there, I'm 14 years old and I've noticed that my vagina has a very unpleasant smell. I shower daily and I clean myself down there very good, but then a few hours, even minutes later, the smell comes back again. I can smell it every time I slightly open my legs and it's embarrassing because people might think I have a bad hygiene but I don'tSad In school I think people already have noticed the way it smells and it's awful..I just want to know if anyone else has this problem and can give me advice on how to make it smell better. My vajayjay (I like to call it like that) doesn't itch or irritate it only has that horrible pungent smell. Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper anonhelper
|

replied December 25th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Disasterr, Are you sexually active and using condoms for sex if you are?

A bad smell like that is normally because of a bacterial infection that should be treated by your doctor.

Are you sure you did not forget a tampon inside your vagina?

Take care
|

replied January 16th, 2012
yes i am sexually active but i do not use condoms
|

replied October 22nd, 2012
can you really forget a tampon in your vagina. Confused that a lot of people keep asking the question. i don't see that being possible
|

replied November 29th, 2012
Iam sexually active and dont use condom but i have been with the same guy for four years
|

replied September 8th, 2013
the Q to ask now is.....Are you the only one he has been with during those 4 years
|

replied October 17th, 2013
I have the same problem as her but im not sexually involved with anyone
|

replied December 26th, 2010
no I don't have sex or use tampons, but I used to masturbate..quite embarrassing I know but I don't anymore because it disturbs me..
|

replied December 26th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Masturbation is nothing to be ashamed of or disturbed by. It is the safest way to learn about your body and sexuality and an important part of your sexual development.

It still sounds like an infection. Please see your doctor.
|

replied January 24th, 2011
My boyfriend is repulsed by me too...
My axe wound (as i like to call it) smells like someone has taken a dump in it and mixed it with a smelly rotting animal's 'vajayjay' as you like to call it .
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2011
It may be Bacterial Vaginosis - I use to suffer from it, its not sexually transmitted but sometimes sex can make it worse. Its just our vaginas are more sensitive to body washes anything with fragrance in it. The PH balance may not be level - just go to your doctors and get a swab everything should be fine.
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2011
Experienced User
I have to say that i have this problem for a long time...
it is so unlikely...aia am sexually active,my partner is using condoms,but before that( when i wasn't sexually active),i often used to masturbate...
And the problem with the smell still exists...Still worse...
|

replied April 20th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Bibi, a foul smell is often a bacterial infection like bacterial vaginosis (BV). It is easy to treat with the correct antibiotics after your doctor confirms that it is it.

Is this smell worse somedays of your cycle? How is your discharge throughout your cycle?

Make sure you do not have a left over tampon inside.

In another post you say you have lage labia. It is important to practice good hygiene. Wash between your lips and crevices and under your vi toros hood with normal clean water every day. Wear cotton panties or panties with a cotton crotch, avoid tight pants, slepp without panties on (when it is safe to do so). Stop all douching or products you use on your vulva and inside your vagina. Make sure you do not use any scented products there, including scented pads.

Best of luck!
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2011
Experienced User
THank you for the answer.
I'll say that before my cycle the discharge from my vagina is more and more..white discharge with smell.The other days of the month i have it again,but no so much.
Could be from the condoms...or not?
|

replied May 4th, 2012
Experienced User
Actually, Biby, usually the white discharge for a period means your ovulating. I've had it done before and pap smear, because I thought it was yeast, turns out, it was nothing. Nothing wrong with going to the gynecologist to be sure.
|

User Profile
replied December 3rd, 2012
Community Volunteer
Please read and follow EVERYONE'S SUGGESTIONS
That could be your answer right there. If you are having white discharge and a foul odor, you definitely need to see your doctor. A yeast infection is very likely a possibility. You do not need to be sexually active although you have already stated that you are, to contract a yeast infection; it's just your body's response to certain things. Every other suggestion INCLUDING checking (with your finger) for a tampon -- YES, it's VERY possible -- are excellent suggestions.

ALSO, just for future reference. It's possible to have a bladder or vaginal infection without ANY symptoms! I was rushed to the emergency room for abdominal pain so bad they needed to give me morphine -- all tests came back negative for everything until my doctor did a urine test the next day. You guessed it; bacterial vaginosis infection. (By the way, I'm 53 and haven't been sexually active for 20 years)
|

replied April 26th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Biby, it sounds a lot like a bacterial infection. Speak to your doctor. Although your vagina will never smell like roses, it is also not supposed to smell bad. A bacterial infection can be particularly be noticeable around your period or after sex when a partner ejaculated inside you. That is because these two events feed the bad bacteria.
|
Users who thank UnknownABC for this post: Biby 

replied January 16th, 2012
im a 14 year old but im not a virgin i had sex with ma boyfriend with using a condom and a couple months after i realized that my vagina started to bring bad odor with a and increase in my discharge this very embarrassing and i suspect that i have yeast could i be wrong??? or right???? what should i do before it gets worst????
|

replied January 27th, 2012
No have sex at 14?
|

replied April 6th, 2012
my vagina stinks
my vagina is having bad smells after i had sex with my partner the first time we did it it didnt happen it started happening th second time wat do i do and we didnt use a condom
|

replied April 7th, 2012
Community Volunteer (online)
It sounds like a bacterial infection like BV. It is easy for your doctor to treat.
|

replied April 12th, 2012
I have crazy discharge and it smells. Im still a virgin, but i do masturbate. What can I do to make it go away?
|

replied April 13th, 2012
Masturbation does not have anything to do with it.

When did this start, what does the discharge look like?

Are you sure you do not have a forgotten tampon in?
|

replied May 10th, 2012
What do you use to masturbate.whatever it is fingers or toys make sure they are clean. Please go to gyn for discharge. Some is normal but it shouldn't smell. Get to know your body get a female gyn so you will feel comfortable talking about issues. Save sex for later. Goods luck.
|

replied April 15th, 2012
My discharge is really thick and white and my vagina burns
I'm scared, I don't want to tell my mom I'm scared it might be
Bad
HELP!
Chey
|

replied May 1st, 2012
I have the exact same problem! it's so embarassing, when I slightly open my legs I get slapped in the face by it -.- Even if I put my bag on my lap to slighly control the smell in class it still comes out. I'm not even sexually active I don't even know what's going on. I want to go to the doctor's to treat it but I'm scared to tell my mom because I think that she'll think that I'm weird -.-
|

replied May 3rd, 2012
I have the same problem now and I don't know. What to do can anyone help me
|

replied May 3rd, 2012
Vagina smells
You all need to see a doctor! I'm not saying it is serous but you need to treat what ever is going on down there.. I'm suffering with a real bad fishy smell at the moment for the first time. I've got two kids and never had this before so i looked it up on the net and it could be a miscarriage.. So all you girls out there who is sexual active please see your GP to be on the safe side. If your under 15 years old PLEASE speak to your parents as they will help you, no Mother out there will think bad of their Daughters as i wouldn't of mine!

I wish you luck and stay healthy
|

User Profile
replied October 23rd, 2012
i am 14 years old i find it hard to talk to my mom about this kind of stuff i feel like she will judge me as she has before. i cant tell her anything about my sex life without being freaked out on and i cant go to the doctors without her knowing so i have no clue what to do and im scared if i find a way around it and go to the doctors they will call my mom and completely tell on me.
|

User Profile
replied December 3rd, 2012
Community Volunteer
I can't imagine my daughter not being able to talk to me about these things, especially at 14, and I feel so sorry that you and your mother don't have that type of relationship.

If you can't speak to your mother, speak to someone you feel comfortable with. I know my daughter was very close to her art teacher when she was 14, and if she had a question that was difficult for her to ask, I would think she might have gone to her. If that's not cool, try talking to a friend's mother. No one will judge you.

In fact, I was the mother HER friends came to. No question was uncomfortable for me to address. They could ask me everything. I would give them honest answers.

Before anyone pre-judges me, I'm not saying I provided birth control or anything of the sort. I'm just saying that if someone asked me a question like these young ladies have, I would answer them and assure them they weren't strange or weird or anything, and possibly help them look things (not scare them) on the Internet.
|

replied June 6th, 2012
I need some advice and one of you could help me. I am pretty sure that I have some sort of vaginal infection, but I am in Brazil right now, and Ive only been here for like 2 weeks, and I don't feel I can talk to my host family about this stuff. I think it might have something to do with my diet though, because it is pretty different, it contains a lot of salt. And I shower and wash down there well and regularly.

Thank you for your help!
|

replied June 21st, 2012
I smell bad
I am having the same problem it smells really bad an I live with my dad don't know what tO do and my discharge is sometimes yellow what do I do please help me
|

replied June 21st, 2012
You have to see a doctor. Ask your dad to see a doctor. It is ok to tell him that it is a woman's problem and you do not feel comfortable talking to him about it.
|

replied July 13th, 2012
Me and my boyfriend have sex alittle bit and he went down on me and then a fsw weeks later he told me when i get my my vigina smells very bad and i want to know how do i stop it
|

replied July 13th, 2012
Me and my boyfriend have sex alittle bit and he went down on me and then a fsw weeks later he told me when i get my my vigina smells very bad and i want to know how do i stop it
|

replied July 4th, 2012
Odorous Vaginal Smell
I'm 17 years old, and as I have read some of the previous comments, I realized I'm not the only one with a disgusting odorous fish-like smell. I too, am very embarrassed. Whenever, I open my legs or wear a skirt/dress, this "cloud" of odor appears. I absolutely hate it. I will be going to a Christian school with in a month (first time) and as obviously, girls are required to wear dresses/skirts. So, what this has to do with the smell is that there will be no "closing" of jeans to mask some of the smell. I would like to be able to talk to my Mom about this situation, but we are just not at place where we can. I was regularly. I have good hygiene. I use "Summers Eve" vaginal wash and the powder spray. I also use Vagisil wipes. I do not douche. I do masturbate sometimes. And I'm not sexual active. I am a virgin. Please help.
|

replied March 20th, 2013
I am 14 as well and I have the same smelly problem as you girls do, you're not alone. I told my mother and she did more research only to find I have a yeast infection. and I have all of the symptoms , so the doctors do not look at your area, (if you know what I mean) they only will take a pee sample. and they will give you anti-biotics, no worries.
|

replied May 19th, 2013
hello Smile is the medicine expensive?
thanks!
|
Quick Reply