Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Why does my cycle keep changing?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
Why do I somtimes menstruate twice in the same month? My cycle changes like crazy!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2012
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

From the history it seems that you are having Dysfunctional uterine bleeding.Diet and exercise can help to change the body and along with that sometimes, acute hormone changes can cause irregular periods.

It can be due to psychological stress, weight (obesity, anorexia, or a rapid change), exercise, endocrinopathy,drugs effect etc.

The management of this condition would require treatment with progesterone to stabilize the endometrium and reduce bleeding. Oral contraceptive pills (OCPs) suppress endometrial development, reestablish predictable bleeding patterns, decrease menstrual flow, and lower the risk of iron deficiency anemia.

You might consult your OB-GYN who can do the needed tests and initiate the proper therapy.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.