Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Why does masturbation cause guilt?

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I don't masturbate terribly often, maybe once every couple days, but after I'm done I always feel really guilty and hate my life... I just recently noticed that I only get depressed and cry about my girlfriend or family or schoolwork after I've masturbated. I don't feel guilty during, just after. And I don't want anyone to find out I do it because I feel inferior to them... all my friends lead good lives and I feel like doing this makes me a terrible person. they're all so much bettter than me, so innocent. I mean, I'm almost positive my girlfriend doesn't do it. she tells me everything, and I tell her everything EXCEPT about masturbating and I feel really guilty for hiding that from her but of COURSE I know she wouldn't like it if I told her because like I said its not a good thing to do.

I feel like I'm rambling.

help?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2010
Hi there, thank you for posting your question. My area of expertise is in human sexual dysfunction. I hope I can be of some small help to you.

All your "innocent and better than you" friends masturbate as well. So does your girlfriend. Masturbation is normal and healthy and you should not worry about it or feel guilty. Good luck.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

www.andrewrynne.com

|

replied August 16th, 2010
when we make love...my boyfiend cant make me reach to my orgasm instead he cums so quickly. This happens everytime and so he takes supplements and i notice its improving although he cant wait for me to reach my orgasm still.. why is this happening? is this normal?
|

replied August 17th, 2010
Experienced User
yea Doc? is that normal? you see i experienced that also...but know i don't, because of the natural meds that i used
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.