Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Why Does Life Suck?

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Hi, I am a teen and I suffer from depression, I just need to get this out. Why does life suck? I have a family that loves me, and a few friends, no one bullies me..... but I feel like every one is always judging me and if I make one mistake they think that I am a Dumb sack of poop. I don't know how common this is, but for me, the main problem is that I feel disconnected from everyone and everything. I feel alone........ more than anyone could imagine.I have a few people out there who I care about, or who care about me, but no real intimacy with anyone; it's quite possible I will be alone for the rest of my life. I like to think that if I had love and intimacy in my life, life wouldn't suck nearly as much. I also feel very unsure and scared about the future as well as feeling like my life up to this point in time has amounted to nothing and i will never amount to anything. Please feel free to somment and try to help.

Thank You
E.H.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 12th, 2011
I feel exactly the same way, couldn't have put the way I'm feeling better than the way you just described... Im curious to see other's replies but just know you are not alone...
|

replied October 23rd, 2011
I feel the exact same wayy
|

replied October 23rd, 2011
I am feeling this way often.
|

replied December 4th, 2011
Nicely said I feel that way all the time but I start to do bad stuff to myself I feel my life sucks and I wonder what's the point of living
|

replied December 11th, 2011
hey yall
there is nothing to be said that could help your pain right now or just make it not suck
just please keep breathing
there is kindness. there are people who do and will love you.
but no one here blames you for feeling the way you do
hope can be terrifying, faith is so hard, depression sucks and overwhelms the rest of life until it all seams grey.
please just don't give up
maybe seek professional help
it might just be that something in your brain isnt connecting right and some anti-depressants could lift you from this suck-pit enough that you could breath easier
or you just need someone you can trust to hash it all out with
anyway - hang on.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied December 24th, 2011
I think depressed people such as myself should be depressed because life sucks and everyone knows it even nondepressed people because life could be infanitly times better than it is, that's why I can't wait to die in about 60 long miserable years of pain and suffering because I don't have the guts to end it all right now, honestly if you do have the guts and you feel bad all the time you should do what ever makes you feel good.
|

replied February 13th, 2012
its really hard sometimes to find the purpose behind everything you do... I mean whats the point... I believe God has a higher plan for us but even with that its difficult to keep yourself motivated. I just pray that God will help us realize the reasoning behind our struggle
|

replied February 28th, 2012
This pain that I feel every day. Just knowing I have to keep going on in misery with my schooling, family life, and remain alone forever. It's like im the outcast of all as I see them make friendship or romance and have them belIeve in what all them call "god". Well were is this forsaken god now? Obviously hes a sadistic god if he likes the pain we all go through. And yet none cares for what I have to say or how I feel. Its like I'm the old house keeper or a slave in society as our time spaces me into an isolated suffocation were there's no love to breathe and I choke and choke from the pain within. I just want to scream and shake and turn into the equivalent of a vicious animal since it's all I seem to be good for now. I am nothing but a mere monster which should be hunted down and killed on sight. Hope is nothing but a damn illusion and love is nothing more than a damn excuse people use to say their life has meaning. But we are all humans. Weak as our ways as we fall and die as the days go by when really we know we have no meaning. All this right now is a waste and a waste of effort so why try? It's like life just wants to Kick me and stomp on me until Im at the brink of death. We are all forsaken so forget my life and forget everything. I am a horror born to live in torture and was created to be alone.... God life sucks...
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Hi TorturedOne and welcome to ehealth:....I know, sometimes it can really get you down....You get frustrated and want to say "hey know one cares" but, they do...So you, like I, pick up the pieces and build from them....We make it get better and later in life wonder why we ever thought like this....Value life, it goes by far to quick...Take care..

Caroline
|

replied May 28th, 2012
I'm sure it's nice for you guys all to know that there are people out there that feel just like you, but other than that, your coments are not helping each other. If I was feeling depressed and i read all these things, I would definitely want to kill myself, which by the way, IS NOT THE RIGHT CHOICE!!! If you feel this way, don't feel like there is anything wrong with you because there is not. I often think the same things as all of you guys, but it doesn't depress me. I like to write and so all of these ideas that you have about God's plan are all things I like to write about. Try to find something that makes your thoughts better. Write stories, listen to music. Or if none of that happens, find professional help, but don't kill yourself! By the way, I am a teen too; don't think I'm like, some parent or something trying to protect everyone. I am just a teen also. I know that it is sometimes hard to see this, but everything that happens in the world is happening to everybody, together.
|

replied May 28th, 2012
I'm sure it's nice for you guys all to know that there are people out there that feel just like you, but other than that, your coments are not helping each other. If I was feeling depressed and i read all these things, I would definitely want to kill myself, which by the way, IS NOT THE RIGHT CHOICE!!! If you feel this way, don't feel like there is anything wrong with you because there is not. I often think the same things as all of you guys, but it doesn't depress me. I like to write and so all of these ideas that you have about God's plan are all things I like to write about. Try to find something that makes your thoughts better. Write stories, listen to music. Or if none of that happens, find professional help, but don't kill yourself! By the way, I am a teen too; don't think I'm like, some parent or something trying to protect everyone. I am just a teen also. I know that it is sometimes hard to see this, but everything that happens in the world is happening to everybody, together.
|
Quick Reply