Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Why do I scratch myself this much in my sleep?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
I don't know what's wrong. During my sleep sometimes I wake up because I'm itchy and I've scratched at my ankles and all up my legs and on my arms to the point that red welts have formed like mosquito bites where I have scratched. It's especially bad at my ankles, the backs of my knees and by elbows but its not all the time so it shouldn't be bugs. So what's going on?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 7th, 2011
itchin
were you ever able to find out why you itch, i have been goin throught the same thing for bout two weeks now
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2012
i found that it was hives. strawberries have a very high histamine count and that coupled with my bug bites from earlier in the day caused me to break out in hives.
|

replied October 16th, 2011
It could be mites that are doing it to you as they did to me and took me ages to figure out that I was sticking to a weight control diet and popping vitamins and too much of it which the body discards through perspiration and urine, hence mites have a field day biting off skin whilst picking up their dose of vitamins
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2012
This can also happen if you have extremely dry skin. This usually happens in winters. You should buy some good moisturizing cream to get rid of this.
|