Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Why do I hear and see things others cant?

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
I have seen things and heard things since I was a little girl...my mom took me to a doctor when i was little but i would never talk to the doctors. Now they are telling me to do things like get my parents out of the way...they even said "laura die". I know I have heard voices my whole life but they were never really bad...I have always seen things..like shadow people...and ghosts...but now I have had three spirits or things that other people cant see but me..There was tony..a man who roamed my house and talked to me but no one else could see or hear him...only me...there has always been Kate..she has been with me through sooo much..I really love her..she listens to me...no one else knows about her...and there is now justin...he is the one who is telling me all the bad things...i want him to go away..i want Kate to stay but i want him to go...he already made Tony go away..and now hes trying to get Kate to go.....what do i do? whats wrong with me??? I need some help...does anyone know why this has happened? I have known Kate since I was about 6 or 7..she has always been the one I would go to when I had problems..she goes everywhere with me...I mean EVERYWHERE..like to work, school, and everywhere....But now justins trying to take over...When I was trying to sleep the other day, i was half asleep and he tried to attack me...i was defenseless..i couldnt move...I screamed and did everything i could to protect myself...and that is not the first time he has done that. that was like the 3rd or 4th time...im scared..I cant sleep at night...I lost all my friends becasue of this..its wrecking my life....Please HELP!

I also have extreme fears..Im scared of the Dark and im terrified of death...I think that everyone hated me...and is annoyed of me..i feel like everyone is staring at me in public and is t alking about me...im scared that there are cameras everywhere i go..even in my room...i feel like there is someone watching me all the time....what is wrong with me??? i was also diagnosed with ADD as a child...Please help!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank laurawideman for this post: funkybear 

replied September 4th, 2010
Schizophrenia, Its all in yourhead
Hmm, you got different schizophrenia from me. Mine usually don't identify themselves. The come from every race, creed, and religion. I got muslims, christians, buddhists, etc talking to me. The only one who id'd themselves was someone identified as a psion from outer space. I might THINK I am talking to Satan, Jesus, or whatever but they never identify themselves as such. They don't tell me to do bad things either. They do want me to confess every wrong I have done real or imagined and of course want me in a psych ward so that part is similar. I think the best advice I can tell you is the boogie man isn't real and that really is all in your head. That stuff is all your brain working. Isn't it wonderful?
|

replied September 5th, 2010
I'm not an expert, but I think you have what is called dissociative identity disorder.

read on Namis website (NAMI= National Alliance For The Mentally Ill)

If you don't have a therapist and/or a doctor..I suggest you look into it. And you have to tell your parents too...have to.. about whats going on with you..
|

replied September 7th, 2010
Experienced User
Hi Laurawideman, I'm not an expert, it sounds like to me that your fears, anxieties or stresses are exacerbating what you experience. You said yourself that you are scared of the dark and terrified of death, so it doesn't surprise me that the bad guy turns up around those times or even more as you become weakened by fear/anxiety/stresses.

In my opinion you need to strengthen your psyche by challenging your fears. Do not allow anxiety or irrational fears to govern your mindset, I found a place on the net called calm clinic, through a quick search and they listed advice, books and details on how to deal with fear/anxiety (I typed in abolishing fear & anxiety issues).

Hey regarding the shadow people, our minds are complex, we can project or perceive anything which our minds can think of. There are cases that have been well documented, true accounts of people having what appears to be an actual supernatural connection with spirits (eg: Allison DuBois).

With physical people our goals are usually to surround ourselves by the people whom make us feel comfort, love, strengthened etc and we physically avoid those whom make us feel uncomfortable, unloved or weakened. I'm wondering if your best approach would be that of a mental one. I mean to practice mental self protection by mentally retaliating against your attacker through strength of thought or sheer will.

This may sound odd to others but in your case If it's only you who can see or hear them then you can also strengthen your mind and thoughts through positive strengthened mental perception.
Mentally talk yourself through your situations, be strong willed and do not accept abuse from anyone physical or spiritual. If your only option is to fight back mentally then I say do it to protect your psyche. Yours is a battle of will-power to me and I think you can easily win this one if you read up on abolishing fear and anxiety from your life.

Even if we can't completely rid ourselves of fear we can take steps and introduce measures into our daily lives which help us to be stronger, happier and healthier. All the best.
|

hi, I can see that you are a strong medium to those beings. I myself is a medium who oftenly attracts such entities. there is one rule i guess in life the the living and non living should not co-exist. so if i where you cut the communication with all three.. other beings who see that you keep an open communication to them since you where 6yrs old makes them more welcomed by your actions.. Faith is your only hope im sorry. and always keep in mind you are not crazy nor you dont have schezo.
|

sounds more like she has Dissociative identity disorder to me..
|

replied September 22nd, 2010
I think you are mentally very weak, or anemic first go to the Doctor for general check up, and make sure everything ok, then keep on telling your self you are strong nothing can touch you. First you have to be very strong mentally to come out of this kind illusion. Try some thing like praying god every language has some kind of prayers when you are scared you will pray in you own language. That will divert your mind from these kinds of things, start thinking something some kind of project for the school, basically you have to divert your mind, and basically you have to have power to control your mind. Since you are very young, try above the things I mentioned it really works. See Doctor as soon as possible and explain him what you are going through.
|

replied September 30th, 2010
scizophrenia
Thank you for telling your story. First I would like to say since you are being troubled it's best to seek out a psychiatrist to talk to. And know that there are many people that see ghosts that are not crazy. What might be difficult for you is telling the difference between a spiritual occurrence and a mental illness, if voices are telling you to do horrible things that is not at all spiritual. While seeking help read books by talented professionals. Read everything you can about psychology and spirituality.
|

replied October 6th, 2010
If you believe in God, pray to God for help. Yes it is true that this Justin is trying his best to possess you. Only pure prayer to God can give the strength to fight him off. Do not rely in your own power. May God help you.
|

replied October 20th, 2010
god is real, you are always protected. angels can protect you, as well as jesus. i have a friend who sees ghosts but she doesnt let them do anything to her. you have the power. stupidface can't do anything to you. and death is not scary. please watch or look up NDE near death experiences on youtube, (people who died and came back in the hospital) who saw the light and some talk to angels and stuff. they all say its peaceful and no scary. you could even make fun of him with kate. (bullies are really sensitive and weak spirited so if you do it he'll get madder at first then he'll want to go away if you stay strong.) pray to it does help. the POWER OF LOVE BABY:)
|

replied October 20th, 2010
praying is the best thing!
|

replied November 4th, 2010
Re: Why do I hear and see things others cant?
Laura, I'm not a Dr, but I am partly psychic and everything you describe would suggest to me that you are in fact psychic but just dont realise it. It's a great gift to have. The bit where the guys attacking you - thats possibly what’s called a psychic attack and that has happened to me before- it normally happens at times of great stress- is there stress in your life? They will stop once the stress goes. You could look up a reputable psychic in your area who may be able to point you in the direction of a good psychic counsellor-I know a lady called Jill Harrison who is exceptional and very genuine. I don’t know if you’re in the UK or abroad? Jill does do psychic counselling from distance too and has clients abroad that she helps.

You said ‘I also have extreme fears..Im scared of the Dark and im terrified of death...I think that everyone hated me...and is annoyed of me..i feel like everyone is staring at me in public and is t alking about me...im scared that there are cameras everywhere i go..even in my room...i feel like there is someone watching me all the time...’.

Laura, please don’t put yourself down, being scared of the dark is normal as is being terrified of death, we all have fears and that’s okay. If the fears are disrupting your life there are people out there who could help ( hypnotherapists for example) or even counsellors to find the root cause of your fears to solve them if you wanted to. The same goes for feeling like everyone is staring at you - I felt exactly the same way for a long time.(I went through a neglected childhood- so that’s maybe where my fears came from).
Please don’t be tempted to take drugs from Dr’s to help as they will happily write you a prescription - personally I don’t think you need it.

I don’t know how old you are, but you sound so much like me when I was late teenager to early twenties. I’m happy to talk anytime please feel free to contact me.
|

replied November 16th, 2010
Hello Laurawideman, my aunt believes in this sort of stuff and so do I. DO NOT let Kate leave. Ask her to stay with you and as for Justin, tell him to leave you alone. If it does not work, I would begin to look into Sylvia Browne books. I had been hearing voices and stuff but my aunt got me reading one of her books, and it told me alot about ghosts and spirits. I hope I have helped you.
|

replied July 3rd, 2011
Hi Laurawidewman, I hear voices and see shadow people and dream about antique pictures in antique stores before I go there and then when I go into one the picture is there. It's a form of medium for me (the pictures). I've had to stop buying them and bringing them home. But I also had problems with seeing other things and demons and severe paranoia and fears. I ended up in a mental hospital for a month in 2009 and am now on several meds. I was diagnosed psychotic with schizoaffective disorder. I don't know what's real and what's the disorder. It's all real to me. I can't say anything to help you except that you are not alone and it's all real when it's happening to you. None of my voices were identifiable. I used to sleep with pillows over my head to try drowning them out a night. I hate night time. I wake at midnight and 3am every night without fail and have no idea why. My fears are worse at night too. I hope you are okay. Don't let Tony win. There's always a battle between good and evil. Fight for good.
|

replied July 4th, 2011
Active User, very eHealthy
Whoa there, just because she has the same post on another board doesn't mean it's fake.

Do you have proof, if so I'd care to see it.

However, if it was fake, then something is wrong in her life isn't it, I mean, why else would you post a fake message on a schizophrenia forum? If that is true something needs fixing.

I don't think that people should use that word anymore, what is there to win exactly, only a nice hospital bed to get doped up in really, know what I mean.

You could however say @#$hole, just don't refer to winning or losing.
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2011
One of the problems with such a situation, is caused by those that surround you, meaning 99% of the population.

Today's physicist's, along with the lessors, each do not understand the reasoning behind Particle/Wave behavior, nor Action at a Distance, nor Entangled Pairs, nor do they understand the substructure which is responsible for the creation of those relativistic events that Einstein referred to as Special Relativity events. In turn, they can not see what is truly there, they can not see what is real, and thus because of this they are not in touch with what is really truly occurring, thus they are not in touch with REALity itself.

If they were in touch with reality, then their questions would be answered.

If doctors were in touch with reality, the true cure.... the real cure... for the so called mental illness called Schizophrenia, would already have been discovered.

Meanwhile, this 99% of the worlds population functions as a group, a group that thinks that it is in touch with reality, while in truth the group simply functions as a form of global conformity, RATHER THAN IT BEING INDIVIDUALS WHOM ARE IN TOUCH WITH REALITY ITSELF !
|

replied July 6th, 2011
Active User, very eHealthy
Wow, fantabuloust is back everybody!

How long has it been since you were on this particular forum?

Reality, funny little words that we use down here, they cause so much trouble in our minds.

I don't think that anyone has the whole entire picture, let us say perhaps that we have more pieces of the puzzle, but we'd be getting ahead of ourselves to claim we are in touch with reality, as in the whole reality.

How could you ever know something like that anyway, I'm in touch with reality, we'll never know if we are or not, how could you know really, especially sitting down here on earth, there is no telling what that word even would mean.
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2011
I've been busy updating my website, adding some downloadable DVD's, plus this and that.
|