Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Why do I have a dark bump on my anus?

This isn't a joke. I've been cleaning out my rectum twice a day for a month now each time after I finish a bowel movement. I squat, I use warm water, Dove moisturizing bath soap and I gently stick my middle finger in my rectum and I gently rotate my middle finger in a circular motion until no more fecal matter ends up on my finger. It takes me 10 to 15 minutes to completely get my rectum clean. This morning as I was cleaning out my rectum I felt three hard bumps on the inside edge of my rectum. I squated and used a small mirror to look at my anus and I noticed my anus was swollen and there was a dark blood clot bump on my anus. The bump doesn't bother me when I have a bowel movement or sit down but the bumps kind of poke me when I touch them in a certain angle. The bump feels firm. What is it? I am worried. Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 3rd, 2012
Is anyone there? I'm worried.
|

replied April 5th, 2012
Experienced User
hi there

maybe hemorrhoid,do you have bloody stool?itching??
|

replied April 6th, 2012
It's not itchy at all and no blood appears in my stool.
|

replied April 6th, 2012
This morning I looked at it again and the bump is purple. It doesn't hurt or itch. It just feels hard and there is a small line of purple next to the lump. It looks something like this o--- the purple lump and a purple line next to the lump.
|

replied April 18th, 2012
It finally went away.
|

replied April 18th, 2012
It healed on it's own.
|