Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Why do I feel so empty.

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
I feel so lonely and empty like I am doomed not a good feeling at all. I go to bed at night and Im afraid. I am really tired of all this I wish I could be normal... I get scared fo telling the Dr. how I feel cause he may shoot me back into the Mental Hospital and I dont want to go back in there... So I found this site and I hope that it will give me something to do or read rather to keep busy. I am Bi polar and have a personality disorder.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2011
I feel like that a lot too. Especially at night. I get this feeling that I'm all alone, no matter how many people are there with me and that no matter what nothing can ever change. I feel like I'm stuck in this sand trap of depression and that nothing will ever make it go away. And even if those feelings were to subside it makes me angry, scared, and even more depressed to know that because I am bipolar I'll be stuck in this same position numerous times throughout my life.
|

replied September 1st, 2012
hey i kind of know how you feel, but i dont feel scared i just feel empty my mind feels blank i look at things and think of abosolutely nothing, i also feel alone and lonely even though there are other people with me, do you think i could have bipolar disorder because this is just started happening to me about a couple of weeks ago
|

replied March 11th, 2012
hey i know how you feel... sometimes i'm depressed and angry with reasons i canot explain... sometimes i wish i could just die..... i have never writen anywhere before cuz i didn't think anyone feels the same way... i'm really sorry that you guys feel this way...if i could take it away from you i would cuz i know how horrible depression and anger is... i felt like i hated my daddy and he is the most important person in my life.. i've recently found God and he's supposed to help me... it's been better latel... maybe you can ask him for help too. i mean if he can love me after everything i've done then he will love you too
|

replied September 1st, 2012
bipolar disorder
hey i kind of know how you feel, but i dont feel scared i just feel empty my mind feels blank i look at things and think of abosolutely nothing, i also feel alone and lonely even though there are other people with me, do you think i could have bipolar disorder because this is just started happening to me about a couple of weeks ago
|

replied December 29th, 2012
My mother is an alcoholic who had a brain tumor and surgery 3 times. My father is a doctor who cheats on her and seems to be a sex addict. I'm an only child. I'm 18 years old and trying to get my own life figured out. Some nights I just feel so empty and lonely that I give into binging on loads if food to literally make the emptiness go away. some nights I end up abusing sleeping pills to get me to just rest. I have developed a repetitive cycle of compulsive behaviors throughout the day and I just don't see it as normal or healthy. I wish things weren't like this. I still have my whole life ahead of me yet I feel stuck in this black hole where I'm just so damn different from everyone else I know. I wish things werwbt like this. I wish my parents were normal. It would be nice to feel normal once in a while. I just wish I could change things but there's only so much I have control over...
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2013
hi i am new here i lost my job 2 weeks ago ... i feel a lone i cant stop crying and all my "friends" just tell me to get over it or don't talk to at all .. i feel so lost so was hoping that this place might help me my husband is scared that i might do something dumb ..... i am empty , lonely , and so sad .... help me
|

replied February 14th, 2013
I have these feelings as well, especially the feeling of emptiness. I am bipolar 2 and especially after experiencing a "good" mood aka hypo-manic(which is rare), I feel completely empty and void of any positive emotions. I see the feeling of hypo-manic as my desired normal happy state, but it's close to impossible to keep this feeling. Therapy does help and I recommend that you do seek professional help, but don't worry because they won't lock you up without your consent.
I have also been very afraid at night, sometimes staying up for long periods to avoid it, which makes things worse. But the only way I have been able to fix this problem so far is through medication, like anti-psychotics.
|
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.