Medical Questions > Relationships > Troubled and Abusive Relationships Forum

Why can't I leave him alone?

About 3 weeks ago me and my ex split up. We have 3 children and one on the way. We split up as I'v ejust become disenchanted in the relationship after going through so much with him.. he has lied to me, cheated on me and become physically abusive towards me and very bad tempered towards our kids. 3 weeks ago he knocked me clean out, outside of our house after I shoved him back because he had shoved me in the stomach twice (I'm pregnant) and I just saw red. Although he's now going around saying I hit him first.. which I didn't.. and seems to actually believe this! My problem is this: I know he is no good for me, I know what he has done is inexcusable as well as all the cheating etc but I still can't seem to leave him alone. I was fine for the first couple of weeks but I just feel awful now and he is just being so indifferent towards me. He has barely apologised and hasn't asked how I am or anything despite knowing I've been really depressed. If the situation was reversed I'd be mortified about the whole thing and constantly apologising and trying to make things right. He's not bothered. He says he's sick of the way I tell him he's got to change etc. I know this is all totally ridiculous so why can't I just leave him alone? I don't even want to be with him! It's just when I get a bit lonely and the fact he's being so horrible towards me after how nicely I've treated him over the years and that we have kids is so hard to come to terms to. How can anybody be that uncaring? I just don't understand it.. and why is it I'm the one getting upset thinking how he won't get to see the kids much and things like that when he just doesn't seem to care.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 8th, 2012
dear,you can,t leave him alone simply becoz you love him but due to his behavior you are not willing to live with him
|

replied April 8th, 2012
dear,you can,t leave him alone simply becoz you love him but due to his behavior you are not willing to live with him .he is a cheater and if you can support you children by your self alone then you should leave him .in beginning you will feel disturb but with the passage of time you will become relaxe .try to ignore all the tough times of your past and keep your self busy with your children and be hopeful for good future and best partner.have a happy future .take care.
|

replied April 8th, 2012
How can you love somebody who treats you like that though? That's what I can't understand.
|

replied April 12th, 2012
if you have self respect then you should not love him but may be he also loved you in the past and treated you with so much love that you are even now hopeful about him .there can be also another reason that you are feeling ignored and you want to be noticed by him but plz dont do this.in this way you will hurt you self more than ever .you can,t force him to love you bcoz love is the other name of mutual respect .if he have no respect for your feeling,s you also should not care about him.that,s what i realized .take care
|