Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Why am I peeing so much?

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
User Profile
I'm 17 years old and I've noticed I am peeing tooo much. I've been told my doctors that my bladder is perfectly fine and I may have some anxiety and a weak pelvic floor. During the day at school, my frequent urination is increased during 10:00 til about noon. It's like I am urinating more than I drink and I'd like to know what's wrong with me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi cocoanemo11...Very often the mind can play games with the body...When you concentrate on something and are sure that you are like this, then you possibly will be...If you have been checked out and given a passing grade that is good...As far as knowing what is wrong...Only a Urologist can tell you this...Maybe even to stop looking at the clock might help...Take care...

Caroline
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2011
Experienced User
Thanks for the info. I've been to a urologist and I couldn't complete my exam because I was so tense. She suggested a weak pelvic floor. But then I came to realize I might have a tough hymen. So thats another problem but I'm a little more concerned about this whole peeing thing. I go about 10-20 times on a school day. And some days its worse than others. It's really bad in school though. I don't know exactly what to do and Its so hard trying to concentrate when I feel like I have to pee.
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Honey, the more you worry the worse it can get...Just try and hold it longer...Stop thinking about it...The hymen may have something to do about it, but truthfully I am not into this part of Urology...I know years ago I had Nephritis, which was a kidney disease, which did affect the bladder and know what you speak about...However, seeing you have been checked out, the best thing I could say would be to do what they tell you and try to both drink less fluids if you think this is a problem and most of all try not to worry...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied January 19th, 2012
DO NOT HOLD IT IN, IT CAN CAUSE MAJOR PROBLEM. BAD ADVICE. You're only causing long-term damage to your bladder and kegel muscles when you hold it in. and by doing so it ends up with having to pee even more than you already do.
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2011
Experienced User
Thank you. and you're right, worryig about it definatley makes it worse. But when I'm school, I worry most because I always ask myself, what if I accidentally didnt hold it anymore.. and I never used to have this problem until after a teacher told me I couldn't use the bathroom when I asked.. It's so annoying and I just wanna get school over with because of it!
|

replied January 21st, 2012
You need more SALT. Salt helps you retain fluid, and will end your problem. The same problem happened to me in the hot summer after exercising. I re-hydrated my self, but I forgot to replace my salt that I had sweated out. For the next couple of days I was constantly peeing, until I drunk as small cup of water that with two table spoons of salt. Too little salt is bad just as too much salt is bad.
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2012
Experienced User
Well.. Often I drink a half a glass of water with a little baking soda in it to help soothe my bladder and for the most part, it works.
|