Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Why am I having periods twice a month?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I'm 30 and was diagnosed with PCOS about 8 years ago. I was put on the pill so that I would start having regular periods as, I was having only about 1 -2 periods a year. I haven't taken the pill for about 2 years and my cycle was some what normal. Only missing 1-2 periods a year. I've recently began exercising and am trying to live a healthier lifestyle. I've lost a totol of 12lbs in 5 months. It's coming off slow but at least it's coming off. For the past 3 months though I've been getting my period twice a month. The "first" period is more like my normal one. It starts out as a moderate bright red flow and over the course of 3-5 days it's gone. The "second" period is not so normal. It starts out as a mucousy brownish discharge which becomes heavier as the days go by. After about 4 days of this the brownish discharge becomes more of a brighter red color and becomes heavier. This can last anywhere from 1-2 days till it suddenly stops. And just when I think it's gone. (I've gone a whole day to 2 days with out it) the bleeding will come back.
This doesn't seem normal to me. Any suggestions as to what it could be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2011
Experienced User
The same is happening to me-twice a month i have my period,too. I used to have it regular all the past years,but the 2-3 years it is not normal. The doctor said to me that it is from my uterus( it is bigger than it should be,so this comes from it.I don't know,maybe it is so.However,it is not nice for me,anyway.
|

replied October 15th, 2012
I'm 18 an have a 4 month old baby I haven't had sex but my period is coming the 1st of the month an the middle idk why
|