Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

why am i bleeding out of my butt?

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
some one help me i'm bleeding out of my butt and idk what it is or what to do about it i just had knee surgery about a week and a half a go but i didn't start bleeding out of my butt untell today it's abright red blood and that all that is coming out of my butt win i try to go to the bathroom someone plez help me
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper brezyboo100
|
Users who thank brezyboo100 for this post: roxy7171  roxy7171 

User Profile
replied December 1st, 2010
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. The bleeding from the anus commonly occurs due to either anal fissure or hemorrhoids (piles). Both these conditions usually result from chronic constipation. In anal fissure, there’s a rupture of the mucosal lining of the anus and this usually causes a lot of pain while passing stools. In piles, there’s usually painless bleeding. Another important cause is some growth within the colon/rectum.

These conditions can be looked for only after a local examination and investigations. This bleeding shouldn’t have anything to do with appendicitis as chances of a complication causing these problems are more during the initial period after the surgery. Please do consult a surgeon and get yourself examined. I sincerely hope this information helps. Take care.

|

replied December 5th, 2010
It may just be hemorrhoids,but get a colonoscopy just to be safe, rectal bleeding can be a sign of colon cancer, so you want to find it ASAP. Early detection and treatment makes all the difference in survival rates.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.