Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

white tougne tested for oral thrush was negative

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
i have a white coated toung more thick at the back of the tougne i seen a doctor and he said i had oral thrush he gave me nystatin mouth wash and tested for oral thrush but the test cam back negative what could this white coating be
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
It is difficult to comment on the cause for the white coated tongue that you describe without examining it and going ahead with further evaluation. The possibilities could include oral thrush, leukoplakia, oral Lichen planus, dehydration, dry mouth, excessive alcohol use, smoking, use of certain medications etc. Visit your doctor for further evaluation if symptoms remain persistent.
Take care.

|

User Profile
replied March 11th, 2012
Experienced User
Regardless of what you have, your body needs to be detoxified for it to heal properly. You can purchase a full body detox kit at the health food store.

Also,

1. start taking acidophilus capsules, twice daily
2. use a tongue scraper
3. start taking a tbsp. of coconut oil a day. The coconut oil kills the fungus
4. start taking a natural mulitivitamin to build your immune system
5. drink lots water
6. NO processed foods, white sugar, flour, alcohol or coffee.
7. eat lots of fruits and veggies
8 get eight of sleep, so your body can heal.
9. exercise
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.