Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

White stringy bits in bowel movements

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
User Profile
hi.. about 3months ago i started to notice whie stringy bits in my poo at first i thought they were worms but as i looked closer they didnt move or really look like them then about a month an half ago i started bleedin there blood mixed in with the poo and then little clots also wen i wipe me bum there blood on the tissue.... i went the doc but i was unhappy with the answer as i just dont feel he really knew wat it was as he kept say dont knw or maybe it could he he sed i have a fissure a tear in the bum which is cause the blood... i also suffer from pains in the stomach an feel sick he put that down to 'maybe' u have IBS a small case of it. but he couldnt tell what the white stuff was??? am using cream to put on my bum at the min but wen i read the lealft it says its to stop the pain from the tear but i dont have any? wouldnt of known it was there unless he said...could u help me thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2010
Colon Cancer Answer A11270
Unfortunately, since I cannot examine patients on this forum, I really cannot offer patients a specific diagnosis. If your doctor actually observed an anal fissure, then this can be treated with increased fiber in the diet and stool softeners. If the fissue fails to heal with this conservative approach, then there are other medical and surgical remedies that can be used.

Unfortunately, IBS is a so-called "wastebasket diagnosis," which basically means that doctors cannot find another explanation for the abdominal cramps and diarrhea or/and constipation that are typically associated with IBS.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Colon Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.