Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

White spots on an MRI-scan

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
I would like an opinion,what I have read is that the white spots are brain lesions,this is the first year that these white spots have shown up in an MRI, I have had an MRI five times since 2000 checking for the return of the brain tumor. I am very concerned about my health and need answers.Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2008
Neurological Disorders Answer A4105
You didn’t tell me the original radiologist’s interpretation of those “white spots” seen on the brain MRI scan. Meningioma is usually a benign tumor and if removed completely it should not reoccur (recidive). You need an expert-radiologist to interpret those “white spots” on the brain MRI scan.

Many brain disorders (tumor, infection, vascular insult, MS…) can be manifested with “white spots” on the MRI-scan. The same disorders can also cause seizures.

You need to consult a neurologist, neurosurgeon, and radiologist about your problem.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Neurological Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.