Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

White spot in back of mouth?

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I've done a lot of researching and it doesn't look like strep throat. It's not a lump, bump, or bubble. It's simply a white SPOT in the back of my mouth towards my throat, on the top. There's a spot on each side, but the left side appears larger and it's surrounded by an area of red. A few days ago I had small red bumps on the roof of my mouth... They looked similar to a rash. Again, from the researching I've done, it doesn't look like strep. I'm only 15 and I have been smoking for about 3 months (only about 3 cigarettes a day). This couldn't be cancer, could it? My whole family has been smoking since they were young. I have a sore throat sometimes, but no fever or any other symptoms. It doesn't look like anything too serious, just something that made me curious because it's definitely not normal.
Did you find this post helpful?
|