Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

White residue under foreskin

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
I occasionally get white residue at the bottom of my penis head and around the base of the penis (under the foreskin). This sometimes can be removed with aggresive soaping but sometimes it cant all be removed. I have seen the doctors and also my local GUM clinic and am clear off STDs and possible urine infections. Is this quite a common thing? Or is this a simple hygiene issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper clarkes79
|

replied April 19th, 2009
Yeah
Hi. I get this too.

Im not a doctor so im not going to recommend you do anything but what i do is just give it a good wash off with the shower head.. it kinda feels good too lol. and dont use soap!
|

replied April 21st, 2009
Dink Cheese
Sounds like you've got a case of dink cheese. It's common when you aren't circumsized. Just a build up of bacteria in a warm moist place. Like in your mouth when you wake up... Just scrape it off. Or if your girlfriend is into that sort of thing, like mine is, let her take care of it.
|
Users who thank manbassc for this post: chazzer131 

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
To the original poster, it appears you weren't circumsized? If that is the case, and you haven't made it a habit to clean the meatus (the sensitive head portion when you pull back the foreskin), you could get what is called smegma.

Does it look flaky little pieces? If you try to smell it, does it smell pretty bad? If it is, then it's probably smegma. It's your penis' response to a dirty build up of bacteria, other substances with a natural soap. This accumulates into smegma, or what the guy above me says "dink cheese".

Just be sure to keep it clean, you don't want a girl smelling that if and when she may be down there. Major turn off.

P.S. if the reason why you have this build up is because you can't clean it because you can't pull back the foreskin to reveal the meatus, research phimosis.

Take care
|

replied March 6th, 2012
I am 13, i have this like white crust on the foreskin of my penis, its like one cm from the head, i do not have any on the had of the penis. I can pull the foreskin down all the way but it hurts a lot, it seems like the white crust made it smaller so its hard to pull down, i do not want my parents knowing because its weird, but i just want to help it, I'm about to take a bath and do what you all suggested, hopefully with success, will this affect like any baby birth problems? Plus, yes it has a weird smell, and peeling off hurts but ill try. I am using cetaphil skin cleanser and i am having a little success but ill try to peel off. Is there another decease or irritation this could be? I hope it can be cured easily because i want my penis to be clean and not have any problems, and i admit i didn't clean my penis that much when i has younger.
|

replied May 23rd, 2009
Yeah dink cheese and as flabman said ,wash it with no soap.

An old home remedy that I used when working in the coal industry was to pull the foreskin back and let hot water in ; when your in the shower. Pat it dry ; pull back the foreskin , put a tiny drop of tea tree oil on the head of the penis and with a tiny bit of vasiline rub over the area of the penis that the foreskin usualy covers. The area to get is the bit where the retracted foreskin starts to roll foward and cover the head.
Like I said it's only a home remedy but certainly works . The crap that built up in shift; under the foreskin, was unbelievable, and if you didn't clean it out regularly , you end up with what you describe chales79.
( only with added coal dust, Smile .)

Cheers.
|

replied April 22nd, 2010
Hi, Just wanted to know how you got on with this?

My case has gone, within about a week of washing controlably it never came back.. i always wash down there with hot water to keep the white stuff away.. and its working Wink!
|

replied April 22nd, 2010
Old coal miner remedy flabman.
|

replied March 6th, 2012
I am 13, i have this like white crust on the foreskin of my penis, its like one cm from the head, i do not have any on the had of the penis. I can pull the foreskin down all the way but it hurts a lot, it seems like the white crust made it smaller so its hard to pull down, i do not want my parents knowing because its weird, but i just want to help it, I'm about to take a bath and do what you all suggested, hopefully with success, will this affect like any baby birth problems? Plus, yes it has a weird smell, and peeling off hurts but ill try. I am using cetaphil skin cleanser and i am having a little success but ill try to peel off. Is there another decease or irritation this could be? I hope it can be cured easily because i want my penis to be clean and not have any problems, and i admit i didn't clean my penis that much when i has younger.

Read more: Penis Forum - White residue under foreskin http://ehealthforum.com/health/white-resid ue-under-foreskin-t178608.html#ixzz1oOiidr Xj
|
Quick Reply