Medical Questions > Parenting > Kids Health and Pediatrics Forum

white poop and stomach cramping

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
It's been a week now my daughter first had a fever then threw up and had diarreah after 2 days of that her poop has turned white and she has alot of gas and cramping that is on and off. some one have any info on this . I looked up the white poop thing on line and it said stuff about the liver. I took her to the doctor last night and he felt around on her stomach and said she looked fine to him and if her poop is still white after 2 more days then bring her in for blood test. I feel he was trying to get us out of there we were the last to be seen. Very frustrated and scared can't pay endless amounts of copays just to go back again and being sent home i should of demanded the bloodtest. but does anyone else have this or had this? Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper lorieann_7
|

User Profile
replied March 26th, 2008
My daughter had this white poop thing w/o cramps or fever. I just ramdomly saw the poop when she forgot to flush. Who knows how long it's been. I went to the doctor and told him about it. I told him her diet is not the best too. He asked like it was a common thing. She is a picky eater. No veggies to speak of. He said the veggie thing was most likely it but, he did blood tests to be sure. He did a ferritin test which was low. I guess it tests for how your body converts the iron you eat into use for your blood cells. He ordered a CBC, complete blood count, and something else. I'm still waiting on results. I'll let you know what I find out. In the meantime if I were you I'd either go to the ER if she's in pain, because they will do everything with the results right there or make an appointment to see the doc and ask for what kind of bloodwork he/she would suggest.
|

User Profile
replied March 26th, 2008
Community Volunteer
There are really a lot of reasons why she can have this problem. Let us know what the results are...it will be interesting to know and informational for others who have this problem with their kids.
|

replied March 27th, 2008
white poop
well turns out after many doctor visits for like 2 weeks. It was a really bad stomach virus thing no name for it though well they didn't give me one her poop as since turned brown again. scary but at least the poop is not white anymore.
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Oh I'm so glad everything turned out ok and it wasn't too serious.

Thanks for the update Smile
|

replied June 25th, 2009
white poop
my two years old daughter having white loose motion for last three days. when she eats then she did poop. is anything serious.

lily
|