Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

white or water like fluid from my right breast nipple?

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
User Profile
I m 21 yrs old and i m not pregnant but from my right breast nipple while squeezing a white or water like fluid is coming out with very small quantity please tell me what happen and sometimes i can see in my left breast also

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2011
Breasts Answer A27804
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you.

A milky,watery discharge from the breast is common due to mild hormonal changes in the body.
Chronic breast stimulation, such as from frequent breast self-examinations or sexual activity,taking medications as hormonal pills(you have taken i pill)also is one of the common causes of galactorrhoea.The other possible causes are mammary duct ectasia, an underactive thyroid gland, tumor (prolactinoma) or other disorder of the pituitary gland, etc.
All these causes can be ruled out after some simple blood tests and a detailed examination from your gynecologist.
You can wait and watch for 7-10 days for it to subside spontaneously and if it persists then the cause needs to be investigated.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breasts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.