Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

white on the tip of my nipple

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
Just recently I have developed a large white area on the tip of one nipple. The nipple with the white on it hurts a lotto the touch. Both of my nipples are sore but the one with the white hurts the most. I am a few days late for my period and I am experiencing severe mood swings and nausia but I had a negative pregnancy test (I am doing another one in a week if I do not start my period). Can anyone tell me what this white area on the top of my nipple is from? They both have some white onthe tips but one has more prominent white.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Zwitchh
|

replied June 21st, 2012
I see that there were no answers to your post. I was just wondering if you ended up being pregnant. I am having the exact same thing and can't find any good answers.
|

replied September 10th, 2012
I have been looking for an answer to this, did you end up pregnant? I did a test a few weeks ago and it came up negative, but my nipples are SO sore with white tips.
|

replied September 18th, 2012
White tips you say?.. how white are they, a picture maybe? i am a professional doctor, with a degree, i would be very glad to help.
|

replied September 19th, 2012
I would be glad to help you out,
|

replied June 21st, 2012
I see that there were no answers to your post. I was just wondering if you ended up being pregnant. I am having the exact same thing and can't find any good answers.
|

replied October 2nd, 2012
Re: white on the tip of my nipple
Unless you have an infection, you had a milk discharge. Male and female babies can have it. While menstruating breasts become tender. You could be milking in combination with menstruation breast tenderness. No need for a photo. Go to your doctor for certainty.

I am an adult male and I had a white discharge from one nipple. Not a big deal. I have to exercise like crazy for a male chest or I swear my left chest when obese looks like a female breast. I have an equivalent C cup chest measurement. In a year, with very little fat, I might have a D cup of muscle on my chest. It is just another inch from isometric exercise. No big deal. I have more cleavage than some people and my chest is muscular with some lower chest fat that is going away over time.

One way to test if it is milk, put it in a container, add citrus juice or vinegar. If the white stuff merges into clumps, it was milk. You can make buttons out of milk with some citrus juice or vinegar.

Ku.

jadehyuga wrote:
Just recently I have developed a large white area on the tip of one nipple. The nipple with the white on it hurts a lotto the touch. Both of my nipples are sore but the one with the white hurts the most. I am a few days late for my period and I am experiencing severe mood swings and nausia but I had a negative pregnancy test (I am doing another one in a week if I do not start my period). Can anyone tell me what this white area on the top of my nipple is from? They both have some white onthe tips but one has more prominent white.
|

replied October 3rd, 2012
could be a tumor
Oh, another post suggested it can be from a tumor. Have a tangible doctor check it out. If it is just milk, no problem.
|