Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

White mucus in stool

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
Ok i really need help with this. Ok i had mucous in my stool one night and I have been having stomach issues for a while now. My doctors did some tests and came to the conclusion i was just impacted and my colon was stretched. They cleaned me out and put me on miralax and fiber doses. I have been feeling better for the most part but I am not quite better. The doctor told me to keep track of my stool and see if i have anymore mucous. If i have mucus in my stool is easy to spot. Recently when I took a look at my stools I have been seeing small white strands attached to the stool visible in the water. Is it normal for stool to have these very small white strands. Should I get worry about this or should I be looking for full clear stool. The stools are also formed. They look normal except the strands.

PLEASE help! Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 17th, 2009
If mucus is in my stool is it easy to spot? Is what I meant to ask.
|

replied August 13th, 2010
Poopology
Floaters? I make doody in the girls bathrooms. It stinks especially bad after I eat Wendy's and two pounds of Stouffers Mac N' Cheese. I'm a vile flesh monster.
|