Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

White discharge in bowel movement

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
Hello, I just noticed that lately I have stopped having bowel movements. I drink coffee each morning and usually they happen right afterwards, but not for the past couple of weeks. My diet has changed recently - I am not eating as healthy as I have been so I am thinking that my body is not functioning optimally because of this. Specifically, last night I did have a bowel movement and I saw a white discharge that goes along with it. It was stuck to it, in different places, perhaps that is just from my colon and it came out with the bowel movement. Is this normal discharge and why would I only experience it during a bowel movement and why would it be attached to my bowel movements? It looked whitish, like mucus that you would cough up during a cold. Any insight? Thanks:)
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile user0123
|

replied February 5th, 2009
redundant colon
after lots of tests looking for khrohns,colitis,diverticultis I finally foundout that I have redundant colon .My symptoms started out pretty much the same but then got continually worse ,gassy, bloody, pain until I finally went to the dr. Good luck to u and I hope that it is only poor diet.My Dr. put me on benefiber because he said the pills just don't give u enough fiber and so far so good but it has only been two weeks .
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2009
Supporter
I notice I had this when I was taking this medicine for my back pain, a couple of weeks ago, and it was messing with my bowel movements. It was just as you describe the whiteish looking mucous thingy. But now that I'm no longer taking those meds my BM is back to normal and I don't see it anymore. It if become bothersome and along with other symptoms you should speak to your doctor about it. I hope it's nothing bad. Good luck!
|

replied February 20th, 2009
I had that
I had mucous coming out of my rectum and it was caused by Mucous Colitis a relatively mild form of colitis.

Cause- nerves, anxiety
|