Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

White coated vagina

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Hello I am a 20 year old, and I have a problem with the color of my vagina, and the smell.

I do have itching but only sometimes. It usually hurts on the outside and inside when I have sex, and lately to the touch, it stings. My vagina smells strange, and fishy sometimes, other times it smells ok, but never the way it used to. The scariest part of whats happening, is that the inside of my vagina is not pink anymore, it is coated in a white film. I don't know what it is. sometimes I bleed after sex occasionally, but I always have, so it may have nothing to do with it. I am afraid that my new boyfriend I have been dating for nearly a year has given me something. before him I had a very pleasant smelling and pink looking vagina. When I deutsche it helps, but after I have sex with him, the smell comes back. It has steadily gotten worse other the past months and the pain is also getting worse I dont even want to have sex anymore. I also have a white dicharge which is strange. as it used to be clear.

Please help I think If i do not get help from this post I will go to the gynocologist, even if I do I still may go I just want to see if it may just be a bad yeast infection first.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 30th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
It sounds like a yeast infection to me. Go to the doctor just to make sure.

Do NOT douche. It is not healthy for your vagina and could very well be making everything worse.
|
Users who thank Maddie34 for this post: renaeaurora 

replied September 30th, 2008
Probably just a really bad one i guess? Ive had them before, but never this bad I heard soap makes it worse and thats what Ive been useing alot of. I will go to the doctor for sure. Thank you Maddie34
|

replied October 6th, 2008
I have that same thing and I've gone to 4 different gynecologists and they can't find a problem even though it's visible. If you go to the doctor and they tell you what it is can you PLEASE tell me? I've been dealing with this for over a year now.
|