Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

white clusters and one clear blister very itchy and painful

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
A week or 2 ago, I experienced some itching around and on my right labia. I tried not to scratch, but woke up scratching at it. A few days later, I experienced pain, and noticed a small lump in the spot where it itched. Naturally, I thought I had broken the skin from itching, and somehow caused an infection. I tried not to mess around with it, but it became very painful whenever I sat, or walked. It now has dark patches on the bump, (like scabs) and now it seems to be spreading. I now have white clusters right near the clitoris and the pubic bone, and am afraid that it's starting to spread elsewhere. There is one clear blister on the lip of my vagina now. Everything is very itchy and painful. I have not had sex since November. The itching has happened once before a few months back, but eventually went away, and none of these blister-like bumps were around then. Please help!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A33409
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The labial itching and pain could indicate infective causes. It is difficult to comment on the cause for the symptoms that you describe without examining you. The exact cause can only be made out after careful examination and evaluation. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for further examination and assistance. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination results and investigation results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area. Keep the area clean and dry. Avoid vaginal douching, or use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.