Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

White clot during period

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
a few weeks ago [unfortunately i cant remember exactly how many..] my boyfriend and i were having sex, we used a condom although initially it was unprotected... when we finished he noticed the condom had come off, but was still visible and had not completely gone inside me. it still made me nervous. then maybe a week or so later there were a few mornings i was nauseous and one i threw up. however this isn't extremely uncommon for me as often feel a little sick when i wake up. i got my period about 7 days ago which was normal as far as timing, but it was slightly heavier than usual the first two days, [bad cramping but i sometimes get bad cramps...] then it got very light. overall it seemed like more clotting than usual. by the 4th day it was just light brown and by the 5th it seemed to have stopped. we had sex again and right afterwards i had bright red spotting, then it went back to very little light brown. that was 3 days ago, i thought my period was completely finished but just today i had big/multiple clots that also had white in it. usually my period is only about 4-5 days. this is about 6 or 7 days after it started. I am not on the pill or any other chemical birth control. I occasionally have some clotting during my period but I think there was a little more than usual this time overall, and i have never seen white or so much at once so far after the begining of my period. Ive been trying to find out what this is, all i can find says its either just excess uterine lining or it was a very early miscarriage. Is there any way without going to the doctor I can know what it was? Has anyone else experienced this and knows what it was?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2010
Hello,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Your initial symptoms suggest probable pregnancy. The altered bleeding that you described suggests probable miscarriage. If the bleeding or cramps are continuing or you still feel symptoms of pregnancy, then get yourself examined by your gynecologist along with tests done to confirm your pregnancy and an ultrasound scan to rule out presence of retained products of conception inside the uterus.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.