Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

White bumps on roof of mouth near and on the base of the uvula

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
White bumps on roof of mouth near and on the base of the uvula?
The bumps are white (look like white head pimples with a little bit of redness around them - irritation. I have 12 of them on roof of mouth near and on the base of the uvula, not near my tonsils. They just appeared 2 days ago. At 1st I just thought my throat was irritated from sleeping with my mouth open. I have not had any dramatic changes in eating or sleeping habits. The only difference is that I have been taking a Vitamin B Complex and Evening Primrose Oil for the past 2 weeks. I don't see how that could cause this issue. My throat is slightly sore but I think only because when I swallow the back of my throat rubs against them. I am now on the 3rd day and some of the white has gone away and is now red only. Not sure if that means they are healing or getting worse.I am 37 years old and have never experienced this issue before. I have done a little bit of "online research" and I've ruled out Tonsil Stones, seeing a picture of that I know that what I have looks nothing like that. Any ideas of what this might be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|