Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

white bumps on pubic area

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Ok im 17 years old to start off with.
Recently i have been having a small outbreak here and there around my pubic area and inner thighs.

It is an outbreak of very very small little white bumps and im pretty sure it is not pimples because they're are quiete a few and they keep coming.
When the bumps are popped alot of blood comes out along with a tiny hard white object. They do itch sometimes but not much they do not burn and they are not painful.
The bumps are not due to Hair or shaving because i started getting them when i hadn't shaved for like 3 weeks.
Here is a really close up picture of what i am talking about sorry for the bad quality.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q74/Sco pe-951/Picture7.jpg

I would greatly appriciate if anyone could tell me what this is or might be!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kellytaylor
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2008
Community Volunteer
Hun sorry to say but they are due in small part to shaving. Looks like ingrown hairs, and even if you don't see the hair, it could still be there. That hard white object could be a hair that is literally being eaten by your body's white blood cells. The only other thing they could possibly be, or resemble are boils. But to be honest they look more like ingrown hairs, which by the way can be way more itchy than painful.
|

replied August 3rd, 2008
I really doubt these are ingrown hairs becuase i dont just have 3 or 4
they keep coming and coming.
Its not like WOAH OMG ALOT
but i do keep seeing a couple new ones ever day.
And if they are ingrown hairs please explain why they are soo easy to pop and yet i see no hair in or on any of the bumps?

I doubt they are warts because they are sooo small and easy to pop they are like pimples but when popped a small hard kinda circular white thing comes out and sometimes its like 2 litle white things stuck together....
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2008
Community Volunteer
If they are easy to pop then they are most likely pimples. But remember, just because there is no hair there when you pop it, doesn't mean there wasn't to begin with. The white blood cells of your body will attack and dissolve anything they consider to be foreign bodies, including ingrown hairs. But what you are describing sounds more like you have some sort of acne or other skin irritation going on down there...you might want to check with your doctor hun. But you are right, it does not sound like warts or herpes or anything. Best to get checked out hun. Let me know how things go. Best of luck to you
|

replied August 8th, 2008
I believe most guys have these lumps on their scrotum. (i do at least) I haven't found any problems, my brother has them (hes 23 im 1Cool hair does grow out of them and i can "pop" them, but its more like im just pushing the white filling out there's no real POP like with a zit. is it these lumps individually that itch or is it your scrotum in general?
|

replied August 10th, 2008
Sounds like warts man, stop popping them and get the dry ice out, see the doctor so he can get sample and get it checked. I've had the same thing happen... very small white bumps that were spread out over pelvic region. (I shagged a few girls in my day and one of them must of had an invisible infection)
I looked up pics on warts over the net and found nothing as simple as the ones I got.. they were all "worst case warts that are all bunched together or the ones that get huge if u leave them for ages. Its a confidence killer.

I had one, thinking it was ingrown hair I popped it a few times and it spread to 2, then 3, then 8. I started flipping out then. See ur Doc...get a sample sent away. Good luck, and keep chin up as its something alot of people have to deal with.
|

replied October 14th, 2010
hey just wondering if you ever found out what they are??
ive started notising the exact same thing as you are describing. i dont think there warts. did you get them checked? or did they go away?
|

replied April 10th, 2011
Did you ever find out what they are? This is happening to me word for word.
|

replied April 10th, 2011
|

replied April 10th, 2011
|

replied April 10th, 2011
They are called molluscums, its a bacterial infection thats related to the pox virus. It's contagious so skin to skin contact will spread it, do not have sex or shave or try to pop them, go to a dermatologist or health clinic and they will treat it but also keep a good immune system to help fight the infection.
|

replied November 11th, 2010
I had a bump like this on my backside and i kept popping it...it was exactly like you described a lot of blood and a hard white object would come out. I had it for a few months i finally just left it alone and it eventually disappeared
|

replied December 3rd, 2010
White spots on pubic area
Ok guys, It can be one of two things, or both. Fortunately for you, I had both. It's rather just ingrown hair follicles, or molluscums. Molluscums are just a bacterial infection from skin to skin contact and are easily treated. They are white spots anywhere in the genital region but do not burn, itch, or give off discharge. Ingrown hairs will look like zits. Go to any clinic and they will use liquid nitrogen on them to treat them, it will burn at first and there will be discolouration around the spot afterwards. They should also prescribe you an ointment called "Bactraban" that you will apply 3 times a day for 7 days. Then after about 2 weeks go back to the clinic for a follow up exam. When you notice them do not pick or pop them it will just cause it to spread. The sooner you treat it the better. It's not herpes, so you can breath a little easier.

Unless it is inflamed, burning, or itching and there is a discharge from them, then sorry but it could be herpes, but if it's anything I described above then you'll be fine. Just do not have sex or shave the area until you are treated because the molluscums can be transferred, as for the ingrown hairs, they will do the same treatment.

Hopes this helps, and don't forget to always use a condom!
|

replied April 13th, 2011
Help
I have some bumps all over my scrotum sack, when they are popped a little blood comes out, then a white soft strand comes out after, its not hard, but its not a liquid, i just hope its not herpes or something bad?
|

replied September 19th, 2011
Guys, I have the same thing. I noticed around 3 month ago. first I saw a very small one and thought it would be a hair that stayed inside. But when i popped out i noticed the small white round object. no bad smell or anything, so it wasn't an infection. and than i realized i had a few and i kept popping them out. now from time to time i find a small one. could this spread to my penis?
|

replied June 28th, 2012
Im having a problem. its not the same think you lot are describing in fact its very much different, I have notice white dots on the under layer of my knob,(its not a couple its a lot surrounding my knob) its not boils or ingrown hair because it doesn't irritate me when i touch it or masturbate.I have tried removing them by simply pulling them off (again they are not spots so they cannot be popped) it would bleed a fare amount for something the size of a single brown sugar grain, after removed it would leave a clear skin patch blending in with the rest of my penis and will not grow back.

is this something to worry about and can you please confirm with me what this is.
|

replied June 28th, 2012
Im having a problem. its not the same think you lot are describing in fact its very much different, I have notice white dots on the under layer of my knob,(its not a couple its a lot surrounding my knob) its not boils or ingrown hair because it doesn't irritate me when i touch it or masturbate.I have tried removing them by simply pulling them off (again they are not spots so they cannot be popped) it would bleed a fare amount for something the size of a single brown sugar grain, after removed it would leave a clear skin patch blending in with the rest of my penis and will not grow back.

is this something to worry about and can you please confirm with me what this is.
|

replied May 27th, 2013
Hi I'm 13 and I am having the same problem I have a lot of little white spots on my penus that do not irritate me should i worry?
|

replied June 25th, 2013
It's called FOLLICULITOUS. It's a build up of calcium that hardens and when popped a hard little (or big in some cases) bulb comes out. It's nothing to worry about.
|

replied June 25th, 2013
It's called FOLLICULITOUS. It's a build up of calcium that hardens and when popped a hard little (or big in some cases) bulb comes out. It's nothing to worry about.
|
Quick Reply