Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

White bumps on penile shaft

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I have these small painless, white bumps on my penile shaft. They dont hurt, dont itch, no rash, no irritation at all. Ive had unprotected sex with my gf of 3 years for as long as ever, and these just showed up 3 months ago. i have heard genital warts can fit this description, but that confuses me because if my gf did have genital warts, wouldnt I have contracted and had bumps a while ago? This past december we started having sex again after a break up, in which she had sex with another guy, but these bumps showed up in may. Meaning if she did contract genital warts from the dude, i had unprotected sex in december with her, and these didnt show up till 4 months later. Wouldnt they have shown up earlier? How does the contraction process work as far as outbreaks, meaning could she have had genital warts in december but no out break till may, then i contracted it then? or does it matter if the person has an outbreak at the time pertaining to contracting the virus? and if i contracted it in december, would it be normal for these to show up in may? ive read these bumps could be nothing and normal pimples, or palluds, or all this other !**@!, but i need to find out.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 21st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
It could be a severe skin disturbance, it could be an std or other virus, it could be cancer. We can't see what you're looking at, even if we could a visual inspection isn't really enough. Go see your doctor.
|

replied May 20th, 2011
White bumps
Wow wolf, I guess you just love to see yourself type, huh.

On to real matters. paulsep22, I know it's a few years later and I would like to think you might have figured something out, especially considering you had the infinite wisdom from wolf, Im in the same boat, please let me know what you now know, I appreciate it.
|

replied May 21st, 2011
Community Volunteer
Mendigo
are you sure they are not pearly papules
Do some searches for pic's on the web.

Pearly penile papules are small dome-shaped to filiform skin-colored papules that typically are located on the sulcus or corona of the glans penis. Commonly, pearly penile papules are arranged circumferentially in one or several rows and often are assumed wrongly to be transmitted sexually.
|

replied June 19th, 2011
Nww, i believe i may have that. How can i fix it? Im only 14 :\
|

replied June 19th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Elliot they are normal and if you are uncircumcised
they most likely are larger as the skin protects they
from being damaged liked in circumcised men.

They are part of the sensation when it comes time
for orgasm.
Have a look on the web for pic's.
I came across an article some time ago that they can
be removed surgically but the patient had loss of
sexual sensation which is what the doctor told him
would happen as described by other patients who have
had the operation.

Leave them a lone and think yourself lucky you have them.
|