Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

White bumps around the bottom of the head of my penis?

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I have what looks to be a rash around the bottom of the head of my penis, it makes kind of a ring around it. Im preety sure its from masturbating without lubrication. Im 13 and I masturbate almost everyday, but ive been trying to stop. The rash looks like a lot of little white bumps that as I said before, make a ring around the bottom of the head of my penis. I was concerned whether i should consider applying somrhting onto it to make it go away or whether I should just try not to masturbate and it'llgo away by itself. Also I am not sexually active.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 8th, 2012
What you're describing sounds like 'Pearly Penile Pustules', you can google them for images to check, but mine also appear as a ring around the bottom of the head and they're very common. Some cases are much, much worse than others, but they're not really anything to worry about unless you have a really bad case which you'll see if you google them. But they're definately not caused by masturbating. I noticed mine appear sometime after I started puberty also but they've never been an issue. Then again, it may not be, you'll find out though.
|

replied March 8th, 2012
Thank You
Do they go away at all? And also its also probably im going through puberty.
|

replied March 8th, 2012
No, they never go away. There's nothing wrong with them, of course I spent years worrying about whether or not they were common, or if I had some kind of STI (which was impossible because I'd also never had sex when I first noticed them) but if you have a particularly bad case, such as huge ones that malform the penis, then you can get them surgically removed with laser treatment but this is very expensive and time consuming as each one has to be lasered off individually. But if you're like me, and it's just a thin ring around the base of the head then it's really nothing to worry about. Think of them like the bumps on some condoms, just adds to the fun. Of course I understand you find them embarrassing, but you shouldn't, many guys won't admit to having them, and some guys don't have them at all, but in time you'll realise they're nothing at all and don't effect anything other than the aesthetic of your penis, which is the least important factor. As long as it works, you're sweet.
|

replied June 16th, 2012
Sorry, just one little correction. They're actually called Pearly Penile Papules, not Pustules, sorry bout that.
|

replied March 9th, 2012
Thank You
Thank you for the help! Now im alot less embarassed about having them knowing they're normal. Thanks again!
|

replied March 9th, 2012
Thank You
Thank you for the help! Now im alot less embarassed about having them knowing they're normal. Thanks again!
|

replied June 16th, 2012
Thanks i'm 18 and noticed this several years ago and was really worried that there was something wrong with my penis this is really informative thanks ^^
|

replied August 5th, 2012
Me i have them too thanks guys fo telling dat they are nothing at all,bt do they affect the way i have sex?Worried help
|

replied August 9th, 2012
XD No, unless they are really bad they're pretty much just there subtly adding to the experience. Enjoy Very Happy
|

replied September 2nd, 2012
I have a line of bumps lower down like in the middle of the penis not on the head butower down is that normal?
|

replied October 12th, 2012
I also have this bumps around my penis, i have had them for a while i was worried cause i got them when i was about 14 by that time i had sex so i thought it was a STD then i found out quite a few of my friends have it, am 17 now and it hasnt affected my sex life at all Very Happy just forget them Wink
|

replied October 12th, 2012
dear don't worry about bump on your penis... It is usually
sometime appear on penis but there is no need to worry about it just enjoy your sex life..... it may be because of you dont use any lubricate while you are masturbate...
|

replied October 14th, 2012
No it's not. Lol, this person clearly hasn't read the previous replies.
|

replied September 24th, 2013
thanks buddies very informative, every one has this Pearly Penile Papules(ppp), i just googled some home remedies for this, just try it and dont worry they are common for Men in age of 20 to 30.Dont worry about your sex life enjoy your life and don't go for any surgery or laser treatment which leads to side effects.

Home remedies:

Examples of Home Remedy for removal of PPP:

Application of Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA):

Cream of low concentration of AHA may be applied over the affected area without spreading outside, 2 - 3 times a day. By continuing the treatment for a few days, the bumps will fall down by themselves. It is a very safe and effective remedy.
Application of Triple Antibiotic Ointment:

The ointment is to be applied over the affected area twice a day. Continue the application until all the bumps are removed. Incase PPP appears again, repeat the treatment.
Castor Oil

Clean the affected area and dry. Apply Castor Oil in plenty on the affected area 3 - 4 times a day. Leave that part uncovered and continue the treatment until all the bumps are removed. It is a very safe method and ensures complete cure.
Tea-Tree Oil

Instead of Castor Oil, apply very small quantities of Tea-Tree Oil on the affected area using cotton swabs. Within a few days, all the bumps will be removed.
Traditional Home Remedies are Safe &effective but, slow

Traditional Home Remedies for removal of PPP such as application of Tea-Tree Oil or Castor Oil ensure complete removal of PPP without pain or side effects. However, the traditional methods of Home Remedies are very slow in giving results. They may take even a few months to remove the bumps completely.

|
Quick Reply