Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

white bump on inside of mouth

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
Hi. I have a small white bump on the inside of my mouth, lower right side, on the exact same spot that I used to chew tobacco. I chewed for about a year. The bump is slightly raised. The white part makes it appear puss filled, but that's not the case.

It seems to operate in a two week cycle. It starts out as an almost undetectable mark, grows just a bit and become more raised off the inside of my mouth, and becomes more white in appearance. Eventually it flakes off, appears to be gone, but the cycle repeats. I'm abstaining from alcohol and tobacco now to see if goes away for good but I have my doubts.

The area surrounding it appears red/white splotchy, doesn't match the side of my mouth where I didn't chew, which appears pink and smooth. Not real bad, but a subtle difference in coloration.

Any advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 6th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
When did this bump appear for the first time?
Do you find it painful?
|

replied May 6th, 2008
Not painful
It appeared a few months ago, would cycle as I described below, and has now completely disapeared, moreso than ever. It was not painful, maybe itchy. In fact, I notice a very similar bump (now that it has disapeared) on the left side of my mouth in the same spot, which appears entirely natural. Could these be salivary glands? When I first noticed it I was eating Mexican food and some hot sauce really stung me in that spot (on the right side). After that it acted up like I stated below. Could it have been a mucocele?
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Sorry for delayed post!
Mucocele, usually, have rapid onset (may rapidly enlarge) and then appear to involute.
The duration of the mucocele is usually 3-6 weeks; however, it may vary from a few days to several years in exceptional instances.
This could be mucocele, because they are in most cases preceded with trauma in that area (cheek/lip biting/sucking).
Mucocele aren't painful.

Do you still have mouth lesions?
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2011
Bump in mouth, earache, jaw soreness
I have this problem as well. And i'm not sure what is is. It is on the bottom right side on the lower part of the cheek, pretty much on the spot of the cheek where a wisdom tooth would be touching but I had those removed a few years ago. Im not sure if it is that bump specifically that is painful but my jaw on the right side seems to be a bit achy and I feel ear pressure occasinally on that side as well. The bump is fairly small but can be felt. Any idea on what this could be at all? Anyone? Help me.
|

replied July 23rd, 2011
I'm hoping someone has an answer to this as I have the same problem. White lump inside of bottom lip, sometimes has burning pain, and pressure and pain in the ear on the same side. I've had the bump for over a year and it seems to be getting a little bigger. I bite it accidentally nearly every time I eat.
|