Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

when your pregnant can you still bleed?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
User Profile
I was wondering if your on Birth Controls can you get pregnant at the same time? also when your pregnant can you still bleed if your pregnant? also if your back starts hurting like the lower part what does that mean? also if you feel like your ganna throw up do that mean your pregnant. I have an implant in my arm i have not been myself like i have been grumpy also i have been almost throwing up also my back has been hurting me my lower belly hurts also so what would that mean can you please write me back as soon a possible please and thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is not uncommon to see women getting pregnant while being on birth control. Nausea and mod changes are common symptom of early pregnancy. Few women can get period like bleeding during first few months of pregnancy (decidual bleeding). This bleeding is usually lighter than your normal periods. It occurs from the uterus endometrial lining bleeding due to hormonal changes (from the part of endometrium that does not take part in formation of placenta). Once the entire uterus gets filled with the growing baby, the bleeding stops.
The low back pain usually occurs due to stretch effect on the supporting ligaments of the uterus (as the uterus grows with the baby growing inside it).
If you suspect to be pregnant, you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for a thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Birth Control , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.