Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

When will I get my next period ?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I have been on the pill since last May now and I haven't missed one, up until some while ago. I'm guessing that's why I got my period three days ago (19th of Jan), only one week after I ended my last period. I always keep track with my period using an app on my iPhone, but now I'm not really sure when my next period is gonna be.

I got my period January 6th and it ended the 11th. One week later, January 19th, I got my period again (since I missed out on a pill, I'm guessing). According to my app, I was supposed to get my next period February 3rd (calculated from my period which started January 6th). But if I calculate it from the period that I'm now suddenly on, it says I'll be on my next period February 14th.

My question is:

Will I get my next period February 3rd or 14th?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A18925
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Did you continue taking your birth control pills after missing one pill? If yes, then how long did the bleeding last? If the bleeding that occurred on Jan 19th, was light and was more like spotting, then it could be due to the missed pill. If you continued to take the rest of pills as usual without missing any more pills, then you should get your periods again after you finish with the active pills in the pack. If you did not continue to take the pills after missing the pill in between (after your second period in Jan) then your period can be delayed and might start around Feb 14th.
If you have missed taking 2 or more than 2 active pills, and have been sexually active, then chances of pregnancy cannot be ruled out.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.